Liverpool Self-Guided Mobile Walking Tour
What to expect
- It is an outdoor activity that combines walking and learning!
- Explore the city at your own pace.
- Learn fascinating facts and stories about the city and its attractions.
- Let the route reveal hidden gems and places.
- Have the best walk of the city and visit 10 of its most important attractions.
- Stop to snap pictures as you go.
- Start or pause the tour whenever you want. See the city at your own pace.
- This is our route recommendation in a walkable distance!
- Mobile app and login credentials
- Self guided tour
- Walking time : 61 mins
- Walking distance : 4.6km
- Supported languages: English, German, Spanish, Italian, French, Dutch
- Museum admission fees: Visits to museums and other attractions do not require a ticket, as you will visit their outdoor areas. Admission is purely your choice.
Not suitable for…
- Wheelchair users
- People with mobility impairments
- Unaccompanied children
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate and comfortable clothing and shoes
- Charged smartphone
- Internet connection
What you need to know about Liverpool Self-Guided Mobile Walking Tour?
- No one will be waiting for you anywhere, it’s just you and your smartphones!
- You can start the tour anytime, any day, every day! You can even pause your tour and resume later or any other day within a year !
- You can use one language per serial number. If your group is multilingual, you will need to buy more than once if you need more languages.
- There is no time limit for the tour. You can complete it at any time at your own pace.
- You will be reading and not listening to the information.
- The tour can continue on the same day or another day if it is interrupted.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Liverpool Self-Guided Mobile Walking Tour
Starting location: World Museum
Ending location: Liverpool cathedral
You will visit:
St George’s Hall
St Johns Beacon
The Three Graces
Museum of Liverpool
Nordic Church and Cultural Centre
Liverpool Cathedral and more…
If you are interested in other cities, you can find all of our tours here
Nestled along the banks of the River Mersey, Liverpool beckons visitors with a rich tapestry of culture, history, and iconic landmarks. Embark on a self-guided walking tour to uncover the essence of this maritime city, where musical legends, architectural marvels, and diverse communities converge. In this guide, we’ll lead you through ten captivating locations, each offering a unique perspective on Liverpool’s vibrant soul. From majestic cathedrals to legendary music venues and waterfront wonders, let’s delve into the treasures that make Liverpool an unparalleled destination for an unforgettable day of exploration.
- St George’s Hall: A Grand Entrance to Liverpool
Commence your day at St George’s Hall, an architectural masterpiece that serves as a grand entrance to the city. Marvel at the neoclassical design, explore the interior adorned with Corinthian columns, and perhaps join a guided tour to unravel the history behind this iconic structure. St George’s Hall sets the stage for your day of exploration.
- St Johns Beacon: Panoramic Views from Above
Ascend to the top of St Johns Beacon, also known as Radio City Tower, for panoramic views that showcase Liverpool’s sprawling beauty. Take in the sights of the city, the River Mersey, and iconic landmarks from this elevated vantage point. St Johns Beacon offers a unique perspective and serves as a navigation point for the rest of your walking tour.
- Cavern Club: The Birthplace of the Beatles Sound
Wander towards the legendary Cavern Club, the birthplace of the Beatles sound and a mecca for music enthusiasts. Step into the iconic venue where the Fab Four once graced the stage, and immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere. The Cavern Club is not just a venue; it’s a pilgrimage site for Beatles fans worldwide.
- The Three Graces: Liverpool’s Waterfront Marvels
Stroll along the waterfront to admire The Three Graces, a trio of iconic buildings – the Royal Liver Building, the Cunard Building, and the Port of Liverpool Building. Marvel at their architectural grandeur and learn about their historical significance. The waterfront is a hub of activity, offering a picturesque backdrop for your walking tour.
- Museum of Liverpool: A Cultural Odyssey
Venture to the Museum of Liverpool, a modern architectural gem that narrates the city’s story. Explore exhibits showcasing Liverpool’s maritime history, cultural diversity, and musical heritage. The museum provides a comprehensive overview of the city’s evolution, from its industrial roots to its present-day cultural renaissance.
- Tate Liverpool: Contemporary Art by the Water
Head to Tate Liverpool, a haven for contemporary art lovers situated along the Albert Dock. Immerse yourself in the ever-changing exhibits that showcase cutting-edge artwork and installations. Tate Liverpool adds a touch of modern creativity to your walking tour, juxtaposed against the historical surroundings of the dock.
- Nordic Church and Cultural Centre: A Tranquil Retreat
Discover the Nordic Church and Cultural Centre, a tranquil retreat that reflects Liverpool’s diverse communities. Admire the architecture inspired by Nordic design and explore the cultural center’s exhibits and events. The Nordic Church offers a serene interlude amid the city’s vibrant energy.
- Chinatown: A Cultural Mosaic in the Heart of Liverpool
Wander into Liverpool’s vibrant Chinatown, one of the oldest in Europe. Stroll through the ornate arch and explore the vibrant streets lined with Chinese shops, restaurants, and cultural institutions. Chinatown is a cultural mosaic that adds a global flair to Liverpool’s urban landscape.
- Liverpool Cathedral: A Gothic Marvel Overlooking the City
Proceed to Liverpool Cathedral, a towering Gothic marvel that dominates the city skyline. Explore the interior, ascend the tower for panoramic views, and appreciate the intricate details of this monumental structure. Liverpool Cathedral is not only a place of worship but also a symbol of the city’s architectural splendor.
Liverpool, with its amalgamation of musical legacy, maritime history, and architectural wonders, unfolds as a captivating destination for those eager to explore its diverse offerings. This self-guided walking tour invites you to uncover the city’s hidden gems, from iconic music venues and waterfront marvels to cultural centers and serene retreats. Immerse yourself in the cultural tapestry of Liverpool, savor its historical wonders, and let the city’s unique charm guide you through a day of enchantment. Start your journey today, and let Liverpool’s rich history become a cherished part of your travel memories.