Ljubljana Self-Guided Mobile Walking Tour
What to expect
- It is an outdoor activity that combines walking and learning!
- Explore the city at your own pace.
- Learn fascinating facts and stories about the city and its attractions.
- Let the route reveal hidden gems and places.
- Have the best walk of the city and visit 10 of its most important attractions.
- Stop to snap pictures as you go.
- Start or pause the tour whenever you want. See the city at your own pace.
- This is our route recommendation in a walkable distance!
- Mobile app and login credentials
- Self guided tour
- Walking time : 27 mins
- Walking distance : 2.2km
- Supported languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch
- Museum admission fees: Visits to museums and other attractions do not require a ticket, as you will visit their outdoor areas. Admission is purely your choice.
Not suitable for…
- Wheelchair users
- People with mobility impairments
- Unaccompanied children
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate and comfortable clothing and shoes
- Charged smartphone
- Internet connection
What you need to know about Ljubljana Self-Guided Mobile Walking Tour?
- No one will be waiting for you anywhere, it’s just you and your smartphones!
- You can start the tour anytime, any day, every day! You can even pause your tour and resume later or any other day within a year !
- You can use one language per serial number. If your group is multilingual, you will need to buy more than once if you need more languages.
- There is no time limit for the tour. You can complete it at any time at your own pace.
- You will be reading and not listening to the information.
- The tour can continue on the same day or another day if it is interrupted.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Ljubljana Self-Guided Mobile Walking Tour
Starting location: Congress Square
Ending location: Triple bridge
You will visit:
University of Ljubljana
Cerkev Marijinega oznanjenja
If you are interested in other cities, you can find all of our tours here
Welcome to Ljubljana, the enchanting capital of Slovenia, where historic charm meets modern vibrancy. In this self-guided walking tour, we invite you to discover the soul of the city through its landmarks, from the prestigious University of Ljubljana to the iconic Triple Bridge. Embark on a journey that encapsulates the rich cultural tapestry of Ljubljana, encompassing the University, Town Hall, Ljubljana Cathedral, Central Market, Dragon Bridge, Butcher’s Bridge, Cerkev Marijinega oznanjenja, Prešeren Square, and the renowned Triple Bridge.
1. University of Ljubljana: Academic Elegance Commence your day at the University of Ljubljana, an institution that exudes academic elegance. Stroll through its historic campus, surrounded by architectural marvels, and absorb the intellectual energy that permeates the air.
2. Town Hall: A Glimpse into Ljubljana’s Governance Next, explore the Town Hall, a symbol of Ljubljana’s governance. Marvel at the blend of architectural styles, from Baroque to Renaissance, and delve into the history of this central hub of municipal affairs.
3. Ljubljana Cathedral: Spiritual Splendor Journey to Ljubljana Cathedral, a majestic structure that stands as a testament to the city’s spiritual heritage. Step inside to witness the splendor of its interior, adorned with religious art and intricate details.
4. Central Market: Culinary Delights Wander through the Central Market, where local vendors offer a vibrant array of fresh produce, regional delicacies, and handmade crafts. Immerse yourself in the lively atmosphere and perhaps indulge in a taste of Slovenian cuisine.
5. Dragon Bridge: A Mythical Crossing Cross the Dragon Bridge, an iconic symbol of Ljubljana adorned with dragon sculptures. According to local legend, these dragons come to life at night, guarding the city and its inhabitants.
6. Butcher’s Bridge: Love Locks and Artistry Experience the romance of Butcher’s Bridge, adorned with love locks and contemporary art installations. Enjoy the views of the Ljubljanica River and the vibrant cityscape from this unique vantage point.
7. Cerkev Marijinega oznanjenja: Baroque Beauty Visit the Church of the Annunciation, an exquisite example of Baroque architecture. Admire its ornate facade and step inside to discover the beauty of its interior, including the famed trompe-l’oeil frescoes.
8. Prešeren Square: Cultural Hub Arrive at Prešeren Square, the cultural heart of Ljubljana named after the country’s greatest poet, France Prešeren. Surrounded by historic buildings, statues, and vibrant cafes, the square is a lively gathering place for locals and visitors alike.
9. Triple Bridge: Architectural Marvel Conclude your tour at the iconic Triple Bridge, a masterpiece by Jože Plečnik. Marvel at the architectural brilliance of three interconnected bridges, offering a picturesque gateway to Ljubljana’s Old Town.
As you conclude your self-guided walking tour through Ljubljana, you’ve experienced the city’s timeless allure, seamlessly blending history, culture, and modernity. The University, Town Hall, Cathedral, Central Market, Dragon Bridge, Butcher’s Bridge, Church of the Annunciation, Prešeren Square, and Triple Bridge collectively narrate the story of Ljubljana’s evolution. The city’s warm ambiance, artistic spirit, and architectural wonders invite you to delve deeper into its hidden gems, ensuring that every step in Ljubljana is a journey through history and a celebration of contemporary life. Ljubljana beckons, promising an exploration of its enchanting streets and a profound connection with Slovenia’s capital.