Palma Self-Guided Mobile Walking Tour
What to expect
- It is an outdoor activity that combines walking and learning!
- Explore the city at your own pace.
- Learn fascinating facts and stories about the city and its attractions.
- Let the route reveal hidden gems and places.
- Have the best walk of the city and visit 10 of its most important attractions.
- Stop to snap pictures as you go.
- Start or pause the tour whenever you want. See the city at your own pace.
- This is our route recommendation in a walkable distance!
- Mobile app and login credentials
- Self guided tour
- Walking time : 38mins
- Walking distance : 3km
- Supported languages: English, German, Spanish, Italian, French, Dutch
- Museum admission fees: Visits to museums and other attractions do not require a ticket, as you will visit their outdoor areas. Admission is purely your choice.
Not suitable for…
- Wheelchair users
- People with mobility impairments
- Unaccompanied children
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate and comfortable clothing and shoes
- Charged smartphone
- Internet connection
What you need to know about Palma Self-Guided Mobile Walking Tour?
- No one will be waiting for you anywhere, it’s just you and your smartphones!
- You can start the tour anytime, any day, every day! You can even pause your tour and resume later or any other day within a year !
- You can use one language per serial number. If your group is multilingual, you will need to buy more than once if you need more languages.
- There is no time limit for the tour. You can complete it at any time at your own pace.
- You will be reading and not listening to the information.
- The tour can continue on the same day or another day if it is interrupted.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Palma Self-Guided Mobile Walking Tour
Starting location: Tren Soller
Ending location: Sa Feixina park
You will visit:
Iglesia Santa Eulalia
Basilica de Sant Fransesc
Eglesia de Monti Sion de Palma
cathedral basilica La Seu
Placa de la Reina
Lonja de Mallorca
Sa Feixina park
If you are interested in other cities, you can find all of our tours here
Palma de Mallorca, the vibrant capital of the Balearic Islands, beckons with its sun-drenched beaches, historic landmarks, and Mediterranean charm. To make the most of your day in this coastal paradise, embark on a self-guided walking tour. In this guide, we’ll lead you through ten captivating locations, each offering a unique glimpse into Palma’s cultural tapestry. From charming squares to historic churches, let’s explore the treasures that make Palma de Mallorca a must-visit destination for an unforgettable day of exploration.
- Tren Soller: A Scenic Start
Commence your day in Palma de Mallorca with a visit to Tren Soller, a historic train station that connects the city with the picturesque town of Soller. While you may not be taking a train today, the station itself is a charming introduction to Palma’s unique blend of history and modernity. Admire the architecture, snap some photos, and soak in the anticipation of the day ahead.
- Plaza España: The Heart of Palma
Venture towards Plaza España, the bustling heart of Palma de Mallorca. This central square, surrounded by shops, cafes, and fountains, serves as a meeting point for locals and visitors alike. Take a moment to appreciate the lively atmosphere, and if you’re inclined, visit the underground Intermodal Station, where you can marvel at the artwork and architecture.
- Plaza Mayor: Palma’s Historic Square
Stroll through the narrow streets to reach Plaza Mayor, Palma’s historic square adorned with colorful buildings and lively cafes. This charming square has witnessed centuries of history and is an ideal spot to immerse yourself in the local ambiance. Explore the surrounding shops and perhaps indulge in a traditional Mallorcan treat.
- Iglesia Santa Eulalia: A Spiritual Haven
Next on your itinerary is the Iglesia Santa Eulalia, a Gothic church with a serene atmosphere. Step inside to admire the religious art, intricate altars, and the peaceful ambiance that defines this spiritual haven. Take a moment for quiet contemplation before continuing your journey.
- Basilica de Sant Francesc: Architectural Splendor
As you navigate the historic streets of Palma, arrive at the Basilica de Sant Francesc, a stunning example of Gothic architecture. The church’s facade, adorned with intricate details, hints at the beauty within. Explore the interior, featuring impressive chapels, religious artifacts, and a tranquil cloister that transports you to a bygone era.
- Eglesia de Monti Sion de Palma: A Hidden Gem
Discover the hidden gem of Eglesia de Monti Sion de Palma, a lesser-known church that boasts architectural elegance. Nestled away from the bustling crowds, this church provides a peaceful retreat and a chance to appreciate Mallorca’s religious heritage without the crowds.
- Cathedral Basilica La Seu: Majestic Overlooking the Sea
No visit to Palma de Mallorca is complete without experiencing the Cathedral Basilica La Seu, an architectural masterpiece that overlooks the Mediterranean Sea. Marvel at the soaring Gothic spires and intricate rose window as you approach this iconic landmark. Visit the interior to witness the play of light through the stained glass and explore the Royal Chapel.
- Plaça de la Reina: Tranquil Respite
Stroll towards Plaça de la Reina, a tranquil square surrounded by historic buildings and cafes. This lesser-known spot provides a welcome respite from the bustling city. Take a seat, enjoy a refreshing drink, and soak in the local atmosphere before continuing your exploration.
- Lonja de Mallorca: A Glimpse into Trade History
Discover the Lonja de Mallorca, a Gothic-style building that once served as a maritime exchange and market. Admire the intricate details of the architecture, including the stunning vaulted ceilings. As you wander through this historic structure, imagine the bustling trade activities that once took place within its walls.
- Sa Feixina Park: Green Oasis in the City
Conclude your self-guided tour at Sa Feixina Park, a green oasis in the heart of Palma de Mallorca. This park provides a peaceful retreat with its shady trees and well-maintained pathways. Take a leisurely stroll, reflect on the day’s discoveries, and enjoy the Mediterranean breeze before wrapping up your exploration of Palma.
Palma de Mallorca, with its historic charm and coastal allure, offers a captivating experience for those eager to explore its diverse offerings. This self-guided walking tour invites you to uncover the city’s hidden gems, from historic churches to charming squares. Immerse yourself in the rich cultural tapestry of Palma, savor its architectural wonders, and let the Mediterranean atmosphere guide you through a day of enchantment in this Balearic beauty. Start your journey today and let Palma de Mallorca’s unique charm become a cherished part of your travel memories.