Rotterdam Self-Guided Mobile Walking Tour
What to expect
- It is an outdoor activity that combines walking and learning!
- Explore the city at your own pace.
- Learn fascinating facts and stories about the city and its attractions.
- Let the route reveal hidden gems and places.
- Have the best walk of the city and visit 10 of its most important attractions.
- Stop to snap pictures as you go.
- Start or pause the tour whenever you want. See the city at your own pace.
- This is our route recommendation in a walkable distance!
- Mobile app and login credentials
- Self guided tour
- Walking time : 54mins
- Walking distance : 4.2km
- Supported languages: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch
- Museum admission fees: Visits to museums and other attractions do not require a ticket, as you will visit their outdoor areas. Admission is purely your choice.
Not suitable for…
- Wheelchair users
- People with mobility impairments
- Unaccompanied children
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate and comfortable clothing and shoes
- Charged smartphone
- Internet connection
What you need to know about Rotterdam Self-Guided Mobile Walking Tour?
- No one will be waiting for you anywhere, it’s just you and your smartphones!
- You can start the tour anytime, any day, every day! You can even pause your tour and resume later or any other day within a year !
- You can use one language per serial number. If your group is multilingual, you will need to buy more than once if you need more languages.
- There is no time limit for the tour. You can complete it at any time at your own pace.
- You will be reading and not listening to the information.
- The tour can continue on the same day or another day if it is interrupted.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Rotterdam Self-Guided Mobile Walking Tour
Starting location: Stadhuis
Ending location: Wereldmuseum
You will visit:
Grote of Sint-Laurenskerk
Wereldmuseum and more…
If you are interested in other cities, you can find all of our tours here
Welcome to Rotterdam, a city that gracefully blends modern innovation with historic charm. This self-guided walking tour invites you to explore iconic landmarks, architectural wonders, and cultural gems, offering a unique perspective on Rotterdam’s rich tapestry. Let’s embark on a day of exploration through the beating heart of this dynamic Dutch metropolis.
1. Grote of Sint-Laurenskerk: A Majestic Start
Begin your journey at Grote of Sint-Laurenskerk, Rotterdam’s magnificent church that stands as a testament to the city’s resilience. Marvel at its Gothic architecture and delve into the history that echoes within its walls.
2. Cube Houses: Architectural Marvels
Next, make your way to the Cube Houses, a symbol of Rotterdam’s avant-garde spirit. Wander through this innovative residential complex designed by architect Piet Blom and experience firsthand the quirky charm of these tilted cubes.
3. Witte Huis: Europe’s First Skyscraper
Visit Witte Huis, Europe’s first skyscraper, and admire its art nouveau design. Learn about its survival through the devastation of World War II and appreciate the architectural significance of this landmark.
4. Maritime Museum: Nautical Narratives
Immerse yourself in Rotterdam’s maritime history at the Maritime Museum. Explore exhibits that tell tales of seafaring adventures, naval innovations, and the city’s enduring connection to the water.
5. de Boeg: Sculptural Symbolism
Discover the sculpture de Boeg, an artistic representation of a ship’s bow, located near the Maritime Museum. This captivating piece reflects Rotterdam’s identity as a bustling port city and its commitment to the sea.
6. Erasmus Bridge: Iconic Elegance
Cross the iconic Erasmus Bridge, a symbol of modern Rotterdam. Enjoy panoramic views of the city skyline and the bustling harbor. Capture the essence of this architectural marvel, also known as ‘The Swan.’
7. Wereldmuseum: Cultural Odyssey
Continue your exploration at the Wereldmuseum, where cultural treasures from around the globe converge. From ancient artifacts to contemporary art, this museum offers a diverse and enriching experience.
8. Museum Park: Urban Oasis
Pause at Museum Park, a green oasis in the heart of Rotterdam. Surrounded by museums and sculptures, take a moment to relax and absorb the artistic energy that permeates this urban haven.
As your self-guided walking tour through Rotterdam concludes, you’ve witnessed the city’s transformation from the historic Grote of Sint-Laurenskerk to the contemporary beauty of the Erasmus Bridge. Rotterdam’s resilience, innovative spirit, and cultural richness have unfolded before you, leaving indelible memories of a day well-spent. From maritime narratives to architectural wonders, Rotterdam beckons you to explore its diverse facets, offering a glimpse into the soul of this extraordinary city.