Siena Self-Guided Mobile Walking Tour
What to expect
- It is an outdoor activity that combines walking and learning!
- Explore the city at your own pace.
- Learn fascinating facts and stories about the city and its attractions.
- Let the route reveal hidden gems and places.
- Have the best walk of the city and visit 10 of its most important attractions.
- Stop to snap pictures as you go.
- Start or pause the tour whenever you want. See the city at your own pace.
- This is our route recommendation in a walkable distance!
- Mobile app and login credentials
- Self guided tour
- Walking time : 25mins
- Walking distance : 2km
- Supported languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch
- Museum admission fees: Visits to museums and other attractions do not require a ticket, as you will visit their outdoor areas. Admission is purely your choice.
Not suitable for…
- Wheelchair users
- People with mobility impairments
- Unaccompanied children
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate and comfortable clothing and shoes
- Charged smartphone
- Internet connection
What you need to know about Siena Self-Guided Mobile Walking Tour?
- No one will be waiting for you anywhere, it’s just you and your smartphones!
- You can start the tour anytime, any day, every day! You can even pause your tour and resume later or any other day within a year !
- You can use one language per serial number. If your group is multilingual, you will need to buy more than once if you need more languages.
- There is no time limit for the tour. You can complete it at any time at your own pace.
- You will be reading and not listening to the information.
- The tour can continue on the same day or another day if it is interrupted.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Siena Self-Guided Mobile Walking Tour
Starting location: Duomo di Siena
Ending location: Piazza del Campo
You will visit:
Baptistery of St John
Loggia del Papa
Tower of Mangia
Pinacoteca Nazionale di Siena
Santa Maria della Scala
Facciatone and more
If you are interested in other cities, you can find all of our tours here
Step into the enchanting world of Siena, a city that echoes with centuries of history, art, and cultural richness. Our self-guided walking tour promises to lead you through the cobblestone streets, revealing the architectural wonders, artistic treasures, and panoramic views that define this Tuscan gem. From the Baptistery of St John to the Facciatone, each location on our list promises a day immersed in the beauty and heritage of Siena.
Baptistery of St John – The Gateway to Spiritual Grandeur: Begin your journey at the Baptistery of St John, an architectural marvel known for its Gothic elegance. Delve into the spiritual significance and intricate details of the baptistery’s interior, adorned with captivating frescoes and sculptures.
Palazzo Piccolomini – Renaissance Splendor in Stone: Proceed to Palazzo Piccolomini, a Renaissance palace that stands as a testament to the city’s grandeur. Explore the courtyard, marvel at the architecture, and appreciate the delicate balance of art and functionality.
Loggia del Papa – A Panoramic Pause: Take a moment at Loggia del Papa, a hidden gem that offers panoramic views of Siena. Revel in the cityscape and absorb the beauty that surrounds you before continuing your journey.
Tower of Mangia – Ascend to Siena’s Pinnacle: Ascend to new heights at the Tower of Mangia, Siena’s iconic tower that dominates the city skyline. Climb to the top for breathtaking views of the Piazza del Campo and the rolling Tuscan hills beyond.
Pubblico Palace – Civic Grandeur and Artistic Mastery: Explore the Pubblico Palace, a symbol of civic pride and political history. Marvel at the frescoes within the palace, each telling a story of Siena’s vibrant past.
Pinacoteca Nazionale di Siena – A Treasure Trove of Art: Immerse yourself in art at the Pinacoteca Nazionale di Siena. From medieval masterpieces to Renaissance wonders, this gallery houses a collection that reflects the city’s artistic legacy.
Santa Maria della Scala – Where Art Meets Humanity: Visit Santa Maria della Scala, a former hospital turned museum. Discover how art and charity coexist within its walls, showcasing a unique blend of artistic expression and humanitarian spirit.
Facciatone – A Glimpse into the Unfinished Cathedral: Conclude your tour with a visit to the Facciatone, an unfinished facade that offers a unique perspective on the Cathedral of Siena. Marvel at the grandeur of the project and imagine the cathedral that could have been.
As you navigate Siena’s streets, this self-guided walking tour invites you to appreciate the city’s unique blend of history, art, and culture. From the spiritual aura of the Baptistery of St John to the civic grandeur of the Pubblico Palace, each location contributes to the mosaic of Siena’s allure. Let the Tuscan sun illuminate your journey, as you uncover the treasures that make Siena an enduring masterpiece. May your day be filled with wonder, discovery, and the timeless charm of this captivating city.