Sintra self-guided mobile walking tour
What to expect
- It is an outdoor activity that combines walking and learning!
- Explore the city at your own pace.
- Learn fascinating facts and stories about the city and its attractions.
- Let the route reveal hidden gems and places.
- Have the best walk of the city and visit 10 of its most important attractions.
- Stop to snap pictures as you go.
- Start or pause the tour whenever you want. See the city at your own pace.
- This is our route recommendation in a walkable distance!
- Mobile app and login credentials
- Self guided tour
- Walking time : 30mins
- Walking distance : 2.2km
- Supported languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and Portuguese
- Museum admission fees: Visits to museums and other attractions do not require a ticket, as you will visit their outdoor areas. Admission is purely your choice.
Not suitable for…
- Wheelchair users
- People with mobility impairments
- Unaccompanied children
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate and comfortable clothing and shoes
- Charged smartphone
- Internet connection
What you need to know about Sintra Self-Guided Mobile Walking Tour?
- No one will be waiting for you anywhere, it’s just you and your smartphones!
- You can start the tour anytime, any day, every day! You can even pause your tour and resume later or any other day within a year !
- You can use one language per serial number. If your group is multilingual, you will need to buy more than once if you need more languages.
- There is no time limit for the tour. You can complete it at any time at your own pace.
- You will be reading and not listening to the information.
- The tour can continue on the same day or another day if it is interrupted.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Sintra Self-Guided Mobile Walking Tour
Starting location: Sintra train station
Ending location: Quinta da Regaleira
You will visit:
Câmara Municipal de Sintra
Mulher com Bebé ao Colo
Sintra National Palace
St. Martin Church
Fonte dos Pisões
Cascata de Pisões
Quinta da Regaleira and more…
If you are interested in other cities, you can find all of our tours here
Welcome to Sintra, a town steeped in history, mystery, and natural beauty. In this self-guided walking tour, we’ll lead you through ten captivating locations, each revealing a different facet of Sintra’s charm. From historic palaces to serene parks and cultural landmarks, embark on a journey that promises a day of enchantment.
1. Câmara Municipal de Sintra: Town Hall Elegance Begin your day at the Câmara Municipal de Sintra, a charming town hall that blends architectural elegance with civic importance. Admire its façade adorned with Portuguese tiles and soak in the vibrant atmosphere of the town center.
2. Mulher com Bebé ao Colo: A Touching Sculpture Stroll through Park Liberdade, Sintra’s central park, and discover the poignant sculpture “Mulher com Bebé ao Colo,” a testament to the town’s artistic spirit. Let the sculpture’s emotion resonate as you explore this green oasis.
3. Palácio Valenças: A Hidden Gem Venture to Palácio Valenças, a hidden gem that boasts stunning gardens and historical significance. Uncover the secrets of this lesser-known palace, offering a more intimate connection with Sintra’s past.
4. Sintra National Palace: A Royal Abode Next, explore the Sintra National Palace, an iconic symbol of the town. Marvel at its distinctive chimneys and delve into the rich history within its walls, where generations of royalty left their mark.
5. St. Martin Church: A Spiritual Haven Visit St. Martin Church, a spiritual haven with roots tracing back to the 12th century. Admire the architectural blend of Gothic and Moorish influences, and take a moment for reflection within its sacred walls.
6. Carlo/Franca: Artistic Expressions Saunter through Sintra’s streets and appreciate the artistic expressions, including the works of Carlo and Franca. These local artists contribute to the town’s vibrant cultural scene, offering a modern contrast to its historical backdrop.
7. Fonte dos Pisões: Natural Springs As you explore further, encounter Fonte dos Pisões, natural springs that have quenched the town’s thirst for centuries. Feel the cool breeze as you appreciate the simplicity and purity of this natural wonder.
8. Cascata de Pisões: Waterfall Serenity Continue your journey to Cascata de Pisões, a serene waterfall nestled in the midst of nature. Let the soothing sound of cascading water provide a moment of tranquility amidst your exploration.
9. Quinta da Regaleira: The Culmination of Magic Your day in Sintra reaches its crescendo at Quinta da Regaleira, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Immerse yourself in the mystical realm of this palace, gardens, and underground tunnels—a surreal experience that transcends the ordinary.
As your self-guided walking tour concludes, you’ve woven a tapestry of Sintra’s wonders—palaces, parks, art, and nature seamlessly blending into a day of discovery. Sintra’s allure lies not only in its historic landmarks but in the harmony of its diverse elements. Each location, from the town hall to the enchanted Quinta da Regaleira, contributes to the captivating narrative of Sintra’s past and present. Your day in Sintra is not just a tour; it’s an immersion into the enchanting soul of this Portuguese gem.