Valencia Self-Guided Mobile Walking Tour
What to expect
- It is an outdoor activity that combines walking and learning!
- Explore the city at your own pace.
- Learn fascinating facts and stories about the city and its attractions.
- Let the route reveal hidden gems and places.
- Have the best walk of the city and visit 10 of its most important attractions.
- Stop to snap pictures as you go.
- Start or pause the tour whenever you want. See the city at your own pace.
- This is our route recommendation in a walkable distance!
- Mobile app and login credentials
- Self guided tour
- Walking time : 43mins
- Walking distance : 3.5km
- Supported languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch
- Museum admission fees: Visits to museums and other attractions do not require a ticket, as you will visit their outdoor areas. Admission is purely your choice.
Not suitable for…
- Wheelchair users
- People with mobility impairments
- Unaccompanied children
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate and comfortable clothing and shoes
- Charged smartphone
- Internet connection
What you need to know about Valencia Self-Guided Mobile Walking Tour?
- No one will be waiting for you anywhere, it’s just you and your smartphones!
- You can start the tour anytime, any day, every day! You can even pause your tour and resume later or any other day within a year !
- You can use one language per serial number. If your group is multilingual, you will need to buy more than once if you need more languages.
- There is no time limit for the tour. You can complete it at any time at your own pace.
- You will be reading and not listening to the information.
- The tour can continue on the same day or another day if it is interrupted.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Valencia Self-Guided Mobile Walking Tour
Starting location: Plaça de Bous
Ending location: Puente de las Flores
You will visit:
Plaça de Bous
Plaza de toros
The Central Market
La Lonja de la Seda
Plaça de la Mare de Déu
University of Valencia
Plaça d’Alfons el Magnànim
Mercat de Colón
Puente de las Flores and more !
If you are interested in other cities, you can find all of our tours here
Nestled along the sun-drenched eastern coast of Spain, Valencia is a city that seamlessly blends modernity with a rich historical legacy. To truly savor the essence of this Mediterranean jewel, embark on a self-guided walking tour. In this guide, we’ll lead you through ten captivating locations, each unveiling a unique facet of Valencia’s vibrant culture. From iconic landmarks to bustling markets, let’s explore the city’s treasures for an enriching day of discovery.
- Plaça de Bous: Cultural Hub of Bullfighting Heritage
Begin your day in Valencia at Plaça de Bous, a symbol of the city’s rich cultural heritage. While bullfighting is a controversial tradition, the arena itself stands as a testament to Valencia’s history. Admire the architectural grandeur of Plaza de Toros and appreciate its significance in Spanish culture before venturing further into the city.
- City Hall: Architectural Marvel in the Heart of Valencia
As you make your way to City Hall, marvel at the architectural marvel that graces the Plaza del Ayuntamiento. Valencia’s City Hall boasts a mix of Gothic and Baroque styles, reflecting the city’s evolution over the centuries. Take a moment to soak in the grandeur of this historic building, surrounded by lively streets and bustling activity.
- The Central Market: A Feast for the Senses
No visit to Valencia is complete without a stop at The Central Market, a culinary paradise where colors, aromas, and flavors converge. Immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere as you wander through stalls laden with fresh produce, local delicacies, and aromatic spices. This market is a sensory delight, offering a glimpse into Valencia’s gastronomic treasures.
- La Lonja de la Seda: Gothic Splendor
La Lonja de la Seda, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, awaits as you venture into Valencia’s historic center. This Gothic masterpiece, once a silk exchange, showcases intricate architecture and detailed carvings. Explore the grand hall, marvel at the columns, and appreciate the historical significance of this cultural gem.
- Plaça de la Mare de Déu: A Charming Square
Plaça de la Mare de Déu invites you to experience the charm of Valencia’s local life. Surrounded by cafes and shops, this square is perfect for a leisurely break. Grab a coffee, people-watch, and soak in the laid-back atmosphere before continuing your exploration of Valencia’s cultural treasures.
- Valencia Cathedral: Spiritual Majesty
Valencia Cathedral, dedicated to Saint Mary, stands as a testament to the city’s religious and architectural heritage. Explore the cathedral’s chapels, visit the Holy Grail Chapel, and climb the Micalet Tower for panoramic views of Valencia. The mix of Gothic, Romanesque, and Baroque styles makes this cathedral a captivating destination.
- University of Valencia: Academic Elegance
Venture towards the University of Valencia, an institution that seamlessly blends academic excellence with architectural elegance. Explore the campus and appreciate the harmonious integration of modern and historic buildings. The university’s presence adds a youthful and dynamic energy to the city’s cultural landscape.
- Plaça d’Alfons el Magnànim: Literary and Cultural Square
Named after the renowned King Alfonso the Magnanimous, this square pays homage to Valencia’s literary and cultural heritage. Lined with bookstores and cultural institutions, Plaça d’Alfons el Magnànim provides a peaceful retreat for those seeking to delve into Valencia’s intellectual legacy.
- Mercat de Colón: Architectural Jewel and Shopping Haven
Mercat de Colón, an architectural jewel, combines historic elegance with contemporary flair. Once a market, it has transformed into a vibrant space featuring shops, cafes, and restaurants. Wander through its stylish interiors, appreciating the blend of modernity and tradition that defines Valencia’s dynamic character.
- Puente de las Flores: Floral Elegance over the Turia River
Conclude your self-guided tour at Puente de las Flores, a bridge adorned with a breathtaking array of flowers spanning the Turia River. This floral masterpiece provides a picturesque setting for a leisurely stroll. Capture the beauty of Valencia’s skyline against the backdrop of vibrant blooms, creating a perfect finale to your day of exploration.
Valencia, with its captivating blend of history, culture, and culinary delights, offers a tapestry of experiences for those eager to explore its diverse offerings. This self-guided walking tour invites you to uncover the city’s hidden gems, from Gothic masterpieces to contemporary markets. Immerse yourself in the vibrant energy of Valencia, savor its gastronomic treasures, and let the Mediterranean breeze guide you through a day of wonders in this enchanting coastal city. Start your journey today and let Valencia’s unique charm become a cherished part of your travel memories.