Bern scavenger hunt and city tour
Bern scavenger hunt and city tour was created to offer you the best way to explore
one of the cities that have managed to retain their historic features successfully.
The old town of Bern is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The medieval air of this city with its many fountains, sandstone facades,
narrow streets and historic towers is unique.
The elevated Rose Garden above the Bear Park and the platform of the
101-metre-high cathedral tower offer the best views of the Bern old town round which the River Aare flows.
The former entrenchments and bastions drop down steeply to the river.
Explore Bern, playing our scavenger hunt and city tour!
What to expect
- It is an outdoor activity that combines playing, walking and learning!
- Explore the city in a fun way by solving riddles and puzzles.
- Discover fascinating facts and stories about the city.
- Let the game reveal hidden gems and places.
- Have the best walk of the city and visit 10 of its most important attractions.
Full description of Bern scavenger hunt and self guided tour
- Uncover the highlights with an interactive smartphone app. Solve location-based riddles on this walking tour.
- Visit 10 of the most important attractions in the city as you walk. Stop and find clues at each attraction to reveal your next destination.
- Enjoy the challenge of using logic, imagination, observation, and team spirit to finish the game.
- Feel the thrill of completing each riddle. Start or pause the tour whenever you want. See the city at your own pace.
- Read interesting information and facts. Stop to snap pictures as you go. Reveal an exciting a puzzle at the exterior of each attraction.
- Mobile app and login credentials
- Self guided tour
Important information about Bern scavenger hunt
- Cost: Each game costs 20 CHF (per group) , up to 5 players. For more players you can purchase more games. For example for 25 players, you can purchase 5 games.
- Average duration: 2 hours including total walking time 1 hour
- Supported languages: English, German, Spanish, Italian, French
- Museum admission fees: Visits to museums and other attractions do not require a ticket, as the puzzles are related to
their outdoor areas. Admission is purely your choice.
Not suitable for…
- Wheelchair users
- People with mobility impairments
- Unaccompanied children
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate and comfortable clothing and shoes
- Charged smartphone
- Internet connection in case of the online-mobile application.
What you need to know about Bern scavenger hunt ?
- No one will be waiting for you anywhere, it’s just you and your smartphones!
- You can start playing anytime, any day, every day! You can even pause your game and resume later or any other day within a year !
- You can use one language per serial number. If your group is multilingual, you will need to buy more games if you need more languages.
- The city Self Guided Scavenger Hunt provides information about the city and its attractions, but the escape games do not offer a city tour.
- The outdoor escape games provide total points and a leaderboard and are a bit more difficult than the city Self Guided Scavenger Hunt.
- There is no time limit for the game. You can complete it at any time at your own pace.
- Our game is completely outdoor, so it depends on the weather. The game can continue on the same day or another day if it is interrupted.
- Prefer to start the game in daylight, as the lack of light may make it difficult to solve puzzles. However, the game can still be played at night.
- For groups of more than 5 people, you must purchase 1 game per 5 people. For example, for a group of 25 people, buy 5 games.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. It is a nice and very educational activity for them if an adult helps them solve the puzzles and explains them.
- Puzzles do not require knowledge. Players must use their imagination, logic, combinatorial thinking and cooperation.
- Every attraction hides a puzzle ! The puzzles are independent and not connected to each other through a story. The goal is for players to interact with the attractions and their surrounding areas !
- Our game is completely covid19-free as it is an outdoor game!
Bern scavenger hunt and city tour starting point: Heiliggeistkirche and ending point: Welttelegrafen-Denkmal
You will visit:
- The Parliament Building
- Old town
- The Cathedral of Bern
- Welttelegrafen-Denkmal and more
The places that you will visit in Bern.
When we talk about Bern, we already know that this is the place that will provide the sight of a lot of historic places. However, an amazing thing about this place is that it is called the city of fountains. With most of the places dating back to more than 500 years!
1.Heiliggeistkirche – starting point of Bern scavenger hunt and city tour
Church of the Holy Ghost is a heritage site of national significance, and it is located in the old city of Bern. Being one of the biggest churches in the city and being very old as well, this church is a sight worth viewing. The best part is that the 200 stair climb will let you view the spectacular views of the city.
2.The Parliament Building
The heart of swiss politics is a building that is majestic in its unique way, and the attractive part is the huge crown-shaped dome on the top of the building. With a clear sky at night and the building illuminated from the front, this can be an amazing sight. Not only this, but the 26 Fountains working in rhythm will also be worth watching.
A part of the UNESCO cultural world heritage site, this is a medieval tower in the old city of Bern. It is a historical place as it was initially built to be the gate of Bern when it was expanded for the second time in the 13th century. Visiting the theater here to see the art performance will also be an attractive thing.
An opera house that is located in Bern is the place to watch magnificent shows and performances. However, visiting the nearby restaurants will be an amazing thing as well. Apart from the food, the view of the building at night is also stunning in itself.
The old town of Bern is a place that will be an amazing thing to explore as you walk in the streets. From the historical architecture to the traditional food items that you cannot find anywhere else, this is a great stop for your trip.
Another one of the guard’s towers for the city, but this was built in the 13th century and served as the prison and clock tower as well. Now that things have changed, this place has become a landmark with a traditional market for foods and other things like dresses.
The city of fountains has a special fountain in the old city that is also a part of the history of the city. It is because it was built in the 16th century. Another attractive thing is the center statue that represents the art of this place. This location is also famous for the Einstein café and the Einstein’s house as well where he lived for some years.
The town hall is the place that houses the Grand Council and the Executive council. This is also a part of the UNESCO world heritage sites of Bern. While you visit this place, you can also stop by the nearby shops and restaurants for some food products like the Rathaus Café & Restaurant.
This is the eastern edge part of the city that has a church. Other than that, there is a castle that belongs to the 12th century. The architectural view of this castle with its four towers and buildings is amazing to watch.
10.The Cathedral of Bern
One of the most interesting buildings in Bern that were made on the gothic theme is not only beautiful from the outside, but it is stunning from the inside as well. The main attraction here is the viewing deck that can be reached after the 312 steps to get an amazing view of the city.
11.Welttelegrafen-Denkmal – ending point of Bern scavenger hunt and city tour
This is yet another amazing fountain that is present in front of the Historical Museum in Bern. While you visit this fountain built in the 20th century, you can also visit the museum.