Zaragoza Self-Guided Walking Tour
What to expect
- It is an outdoor activity that combines walking and learning!
- Explore the city at your own pace.
- Learn fascinating facts and stories about the city and its attractions.
- Let the route reveal hidden gems and places.
- Have the best walk of the city and visit 10 of its most important attractions.
- Stop to snap pictures as you go.
- Start or pause the tour whenever you want. See the city at your own pace.
- This is our route recommendation in a walkable distance!
- Mobile app and login credentials
- Self guided tour
- Walking time : 32mins
- Walking distance :2.4km
- Supported languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch
- Museum admission fees: Visits to museums and other attractions do not require a ticket, as you will visit their outdoor areas. Admission is purely your choice.
Not suitable for…
- Wheelchair users
- People with mobility impairments
- Unaccompanied children
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate and comfortable clothing and shoes
- Charged smartphone
- Internet connection
What you need to know about Zaragoza Self-Guided Walking Tour ?
- No one will be waiting for you anywhere, it’s just you and your smartphones!
- You can start the tour anytime, any day, every day! You can even pause your tour and resume later or any other day within a year !
- You can use one language per serial number. If your group is multilingual, you will need to buy more than once if you need more languages.
- There is no time limit for the tour. You can complete it at any time at your own pace.
- You will be reading and not listening to the information.
- The tour can continue on the same day or another day if it is interrupted.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Zaragoza Self-Guided Walking Tour
Starting location: Aljafería Palace
Ending location: Plaza San Felipe
You will visit:
Plaza de Toros de La Misericordia
Mercado Central de Zaragoza
Murallas Romanas de Zaragoza
Basílica de Nuestra Señora del Pilar
Puente de Piedra
Catedral del Salvador de Zaragoza
Pl. del Justicia
Plaza San Felipe and more !
If you are interested in other cities, you can find all of our tours here
Welcome to Zaragoza, a city where history, culture, and modernity converge to create a tapestry of unforgettable experiences. In this self-guided walking tour, we invite you to immerse yourself in the vibrant spirit of Zaragoza, exploring iconic landmarks such as the Aljafería Palace, Plaza de Toros de La Misericordia, Mercado Central de Zaragoza, Murallas Romanas de Zaragoza, Basílica de Nuestra Señora del Pilar, Puente de Piedra, Catedral del Salvador de Zaragoza, Goya Museum, Pl. del Justicia, and Plaza San Felipe.
1. Aljafería Palace: A Glimpse into Islamic Splendor Embark on your journey at the Aljafería Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Explore the rich history of this Moorish fortress, with its stunning Islamic architecture and beautifully landscaped gardens.
2. Plaza de Toros de La Misericordia: Bullfighting Tradition Move on to the Plaza de Toros de La Misericordia, where the art and tradition of bullfighting come to life. Learn about the cultural significance of this arena and its role in Spain’s history.
3. Mercado Central de Zaragoza: Culinary Delights Indulge your senses at the Mercado Central de Zaragoza, a bustling marketplace filled with vibrant colors and aromas. Sample local delicacies, fresh produce, and immerse yourself in the city’s culinary scene.
4. Murallas Romanas de Zaragoza: Roman Remnants Discover the Murallas Romanas de Zaragoza, remnants of the city’s Roman past. Stroll along these ancient walls, appreciating the historical significance and enjoying panoramic views of Zaragoza.
5. Basílica de Nuestra Señora del Pilar: Spiritual Grandeur Visit the iconic Basílica de Nuestra Señora del Pilar, one of Spain’s most revered pilgrimage sites. Marvel at its baroque architecture, adorned with ornate sculptures and frescoes.
6. Puente de Piedra: Bridge Over the Ebro River Cross the Puente de Piedra, a stone bridge spanning the majestic Ebro River. Enjoy breathtaking views of Zaragoza’s skyline and the riverbanks, offering the perfect photo opportunity.
7. Catedral del Salvador de Zaragoza: Gothic Majesty Explore the Catedral del Salvador de Zaragoza, a stunning example of Gothic architecture. Delve into its rich history, visit the tapestry museum, and appreciate the intricate details of this cathedral.
8. Goya Museum: Artistic Legacy Dive into the artistic legacy of Francisco Goya at the Goya Museum. Admire a collection of works by this renowned Spanish painter, showcasing his talent and capturing the essence of his era.
9. Pl. del Justicia: Historic Square Visit Pl. del Justicia, a historic square surrounded by grand buildings and monuments. Feel the pulse of the city as you absorb the atmosphere of this charming public space.
10. Plaza San Felipe: Cultural Hub Conclude your tour at Plaza San Felipe, a cultural hub adorned with cafes, shops, and lively street performances. Reflect on your day, savoring the diverse experiences Zaragoza has offered.
As you conclude your self-guided walking tour through Zaragoza, you’ve explored the city’s timeless charm, from its Islamic heritage to Roman remnants, Gothic cathedrals, and artistic treasures. Zaragoza invites you to wander its streets, where every step reveals a new facet of its rich history and cultural vitality. Whether you’re captivated by the Aljafería Palace’s architectural splendor or savoring local flavors at Mercado Central, Zaragoza promises a day of discovery and delight. Embrace the city’s unique blend of tradition and modernity, ensuring your memories of Zaragoza are as diverse and vibrant as the city itself.