Marseille scavenger hunt and city tour
Marseille scavenger hunt and city tour was created to offer you the best way to
explore one of the most beautiful cities of France.
Marseilles is a city that only really opened up to tourism at the very end of the twentieth century.
Marseille is the “oldest city in France” and indeed one of the oldest in western Europe.
The city was founded as Massalia in around 600 BC, and soon developed into an important port in the ancient Greek world.
Explore Marseille , playing our scavenger hunt !
What to expect
- It is an outdoor activity that combines playing, walking and learning!
- Explore the city in a fun way by solving riddles and puzzles.
- Discover fascinating facts and stories about the city.
- Let the game reveal hidden gems and places.
- Have the best walk of the city and visit 10 of its most important attractions.
Full description of Marseille scavenger hunt and self guided tour
- Uncover the highlights with an interactive smartphone app. Solve location-based riddles on this walking tour.
- Visit 10 of the most important attractions in the city as you walk. Stop and find clues at each attraction to reveal your next destination.
- Enjoy the challenge of using logic, imagination, observation, and team spirit to finish the game.
- Feel the thrill of completing each riddle. Start or pause the tour whenever you want. See the city at your own pace.
- Read interesting information and facts. Stop to snap pictures as you go. Reveal an exciting a puzzle at the exterior of each attraction.
- Mobile app and login credentials
- Self guided tour
Important information about Marseille scavenger hunt
- Cost: Each game costs 20 EUR (per group) , up to 5 players. For more players you can purchase more games. For example for 25 players, you can purchase 5 games.
- Average duration: 1.5 hours including total walking time 60 minutes
- Supported languages: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Museum admission fees: Visits to museums and other attractions do not require a ticket, as the puzzles are related to
their outdoor areas. Admission is purely your choice.
Not suitable for…
- Wheelchair users
- People with mobility impairments
- Unaccompanied children
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate and comfortable clothing and shoes
- Charged smartphone
- Internet connection in case of the online-mobile application.
What you need to know about Marseille scavenger hunt ?
- No one will be waiting for you anywhere, it’s just you and your smartphones!
- You can start playing anytime, any day, every day! You can even pause your game and resume later or any other day within a year !
- You can use one language per serial number. If your group is multilingual, you will need to buy more games if you need more languages.
- The city hunt + city tour provides information about the city and its attractions, but the escape games do not offer a city tour.
- The outdoor escape games provide total points and a leaderboard and are a bit more difficult than the city hunt + city tour.
- There is no time limit for the game. You can complete it at any time at your own pace.
- Our game is completely outdoor, so it depends on the weather. The game can continue on the same day or another day if it is interrupted.
- Prefer to start the game in daylight, as the lack of light may make it difficult to solve puzzles. However, the game can still be played at night.
- For groups of more than 5 people, you must purchase 1 game per 5 people. For example, for a group of 25 people, buy 5 games.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. It is a nice and very educational activity for them if an adult helps them solve the puzzles and explains them.
- Puzzles do not require knowledge. Players must use their imagination, logic, combinatorial thinking and cooperation.
- Every attraction hides a puzzle ! The puzzles are independent and not connected to each other through a story. The goal is for players to interact with the attractions and their surrounding areas !
- Our game is completely covid19-free as it is an outdoor game!
Marseille scavenger hunt and city tour begins at St. Vincent de Paul Church and ends at La Vieille Charité
You will visit:
- Opéra de Marseille
- Hôtel de Ville Pavillon Daviel
- Old Port of Marseille
- Fort Saint-Jean
- Cathédrale La Major
- La Vieille Charité
- Le Panier and more