Tarragona Self-Guided Walking Tour
What to expect
- It is an outdoor activity that combines walking and learning!
- Explore the city at your own pace.
- Learn fascinating facts and stories about the city and its attractions.
- Let the route reveal hidden gems and places.
- Have the best walk of the city and visit 10 of its most important attractions.
- Stop to snap pictures as you go.
- Start or pause the tour whenever you want. See the city at your own pace.
- This is our route recommendation in a walkable distance!
- Mobile app and login credentials
- Self guided tour
- Walking time : 32mins
- Walking distance :2.4km
- Supported languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch
- Museum admission fees: Visits to museums and other attractions do not require a ticket, as you will visit their outdoor areas. Admission is purely your choice.
Not suitable for…
- Wheelchair users
- People with mobility impairments
- Unaccompanied children
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate and comfortable clothing and shoes
- Charged smartphone
- Internet connection
What you need to know about Tarragona Self-Guided Walking Tour ?
- No one will be waiting for you anywhere, it’s just you and your smartphones!
- You can start the tour anytime, any day, every day! You can even pause your tour and resume later or any other day within a year !
- You can use one language per serial number. If your group is multilingual, you will need to buy more than once if you need more languages.
- There is no time limit for the tour. You can complete it at any time at your own pace.
- You will be reading and not listening to the information.
- The tour can continue on the same day or another day if it is interrupted.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Tarragona Self-Guided Walking Tour
Starting location: Monument als Castellers
Ending location: Catedral Basílica Metropolitana
You will visit:
Monument als Castellers
Font del Centenari
Mercat De Tarragona
Balcó del Mediterrani
Amfiteatre de Tarragona
Tarragona City Hall
Pça. dels Sedassos
Catedral Basílica Metropolitana i Primada de Santa Tecla de Tarragona, Pla de la Seu and more !
If you are interested in other cities, you can find all of our tours here
Nestled along the sun-kissed coast of Catalonia, Tarragona beckons with a rich tapestry of history, culture, and Mediterranean charm. In this self-guided walking tour, we invite you to immerse yourself in the vibrant spirit of Tarragona, exploring iconic landmarks such as Monument als Castellers, Font del Centenari, Mercat De Tarragona, Rambla Nova, Balcó del Mediterrani, Amfiteatre de Tarragona, Circ Romà, Tarragona City Hall, Pça. dels Sedassos, and Catedral Basílica Metropolitana i Primada de Santa Tecla de Tarragona, Pla de la Seu.
1. Monument als Castellers: Celebration of Human Towers Commence your journey at Monument als Castellers, a tribute to the human towers that embody Catalonia’s cultural heritage. Discover the significance of Castells and the artistry behind these breathtaking human constructions.
2. Font del Centenari: The Centennial Fountain Quench your thirst for knowledge at Font del Centenari, a historic fountain celebrating Tarragona’s centennial. Take a moment to admire the craftsmanship and architectural details while savoring the cool waters.
3. Mercat De Tarragona: A Culinary Odyssey Immerse yourself in the lively atmosphere of Mercat De Tarragona, a bustling market where locals and visitors alike converge. Explore stalls brimming with fresh produce, local delicacies, and handmade crafts, indulging your senses in Catalonia’s culinary treasures.
4. Rambla Nova: Promenade with a View Stroll along the picturesque Rambla Nova, Tarragona’s bustling promenade. Enjoy panoramic views of the Mediterranean, lined with charming cafes, shops, and street performers, creating an idyllic setting for a leisurely walk.
5. Balcó del Mediterrani: Mediterranean Vantage Point Elevate your experience at Balcó del Mediterrani, a scenic overlook offering breathtaking vistas of the azure Mediterranean Sea. Feel the gentle sea breeze as you marvel at the coastal beauty that defines Tarragona.
6. Amfiteatre de Tarragona: Echoes of Ancient Glory Step back in time at the Amfiteatre de Tarragona, an ancient Roman amphitheater overlooking the sea. Imagine the roars of the crowd as gladiators once graced the arena, and marvel at the architectural prowess of the Romans.
7. Circ Romà: Roman Circus Remnants Continue your Roman exploration at Circ Romà, remnants of a Roman circus where chariot races once captivated audiences. Delve into the city’s Roman past as you wander through these historic remains.
8. Tarragona City Hall: Architectural Elegance Admire the architectural elegance of Tarragona City Hall, a striking building that blends Gothic and Renaissance styles. Learn about the city’s governance and the cultural events hosted within these walls.
9. Pça. dels Sedassos: Charming Plaza Discover the charm of Pça. dels Sedassos, a delightful plaza adorned with cafes and surrounded by historical buildings. Take a moment to soak in the local atmosphere and appreciate the architecture that graces this square.
10. Catedral Basílica Metropolitana i Primada de Santa Tecla de Tarragona, Pla de la Seu: Spiritual Splendor Conclude your Tarragona adventure at the Catedral Basílica Metropolitana i Primada de Santa Tecla de Tarragona, Pla de la Seu. Marvel at the Gothic and Romanesque architecture, and explore the spiritual and historical significance of this cathedral.
As you conclude your self-guided walking tour through Tarragona, you’ve experienced the city’s timeless allure, from the vibrant markets to ancient Roman ruins and medieval architecture. Tarragona stands as a testament to Catalonia’s rich history and the harmonious blend of its Roman and modern identities. Each location on this journey tells a story of a city that has witnessed centuries of change, yet remains firmly rooted in its cultural heritage. Whether you’re captivated by the views from Balcó del Mediterrani or exploring the depths of the Amfiteatre de Tarragona, your day in Tarragona promises a tapestry of memories that will endure.