No products in the cart.
Porto hunt+city tour
Rated 5.00 out of 5 based on 1 customer rating(1 customer review)
€ 4.00 - € 12.00
Price Per Person
Porto scavenger hunt and city tour
Porto scavenger hunt and city tour was created to offer you the best way to explore a beautiful city of Portugal.
Porto is a coastal city in northwest Portugal known for its stately bridges and port wine production. In the medieval Ribeira (riverside) district, narrow cobbled streets wind past merchants’ houses and cafes.
Explore Porto, playing our scavenger hunt and city tour !
What to expect
- Uncover the highlights with an interactive smartphone app. Solve location-based riddles on this walking tour.
- Visit 10 of the most important attractions in the city as you walk. Stop and find clues at each attraction to reveal your next destination.
- Enjoy the challenge of using logic, imagination, observation, and team spirit to finish the game.
- Feel the thrill of completing each riddle. Start or pause the tour whenever you want. See the city at your own pace.
- Read interesting information and facts. Stop to snap pictures as you go. Reveal an exciting a puzzle at the exterior of each attraction.
- Mobile app and login credentials
- Self guided tour
Important information about Porto scavenger hunt
- Average duration: 2 hours including total walking time 1 hour
- Supported languages: English, German, Spanish, Italian, French, Portuguese, Dutch
- Museum admission fees: Visits to museums and other attractions do not require a ticket, as the puzzles are related to
their outdoor areas. Admission is purely your choice.
Not suitable for…
- Wheelchair users
- People with mobility impairments
- Unaccompanied children
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate and comfortable clothing and shoes
- Charged smartphone
- Internet connection in case of the online-mobile application.
What you need to know about Porto scavenger hunt ?
- No one will be waiting for you anywhere, it’s just you and your smartphones!
- You can start playing anytime, any day, every day! You can even pause your game and resume later or any other day within a year !
- You can use one language per serial number. If your group is multilingual, you will need to buy more games if you need more languages.
- There is no time limit for the game. You can complete it at any time at your own pace.
- Our game is completely outdoor, so it depends on the weather. The game can continue on the same day or another day if it is interrupted.
- Prefer to start the game in daylight, as the lack of light may make it difficult to solve puzzles. However, the game can still be played at night.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. It is a nice and very educational activity for them if an adult helps them solve the puzzles and explains them.
- Puzzles do not require knowledge. Players must use their imagination, logic, combinatorial thinking and cooperation.
- Every attraction hides a puzzle ! The puzzles are independent and not connected to each other through a story. The goal is for players to interact with the attractions and their surrounding areas !
- Our game is completely covid19-free as it is an outdoor game!
Porto scavenger hunt and city tour
Starting location: Liberdade Square
Ending location: Luis I bridge
You will visit:
- Igreja dos Clérigos
- Livraria Lello
- Cordoaria’s Garden
- Misericórdia Church
- Bolsa Palace
- Church Of St Francis
- Ribeira Square
- Luís I Bridge
- Porto Cathedral and more…
Liberdade square – starting point of Porto scavenger hunt and city tour
Igreja dos Clérigos
To start exploring the city you can start with Igreja dos Clérigos. It is a well-decorated Baroque church that is located in Porto. This church has a lot to attract the viewers and the most attractive thing about it is the tall bell tower. It looks even more amazing when illuminated at night. The church was opened in 1750.
You might be surprised to know that it is a bookstore, but it is like no other bookstore in Porto. It is a historical bookstore of Porto as it opened in 1881. Apart from being an old place, this place has an amazing art nouveau architectural style making it beautiful. Like most other places it also looks stunning in the evening when illuminated.
An escape from the busy city streets, it is a lush green garden that is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city. Not only is this park beautiful because of its plantations but it is a historic urban park that contains some amazing sculptures. All in all, this park has a very serene vibe to it with a huge variety of plants and trees.
Every city has some places which have more importance than any other place and this church is the perfect example for Porto. It is one of the most important heritage sites from the Renaissance period in Porto. The church building dates back to the 18th century. While the exterior is unique, the interior of this church comes with some stunning views as well.
The palace was built in the 19th century, so it is considered a historical site in Porto. It is located in the center of the city, so it is very easily accessible. On top of everything is a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site because of its historical importance and architectural class,
Church Of St Francis
The older buildings usually have a Gothic architectural style, and this church is the perfect example of this. It is not only stunning from its exterior, but the interior is also outstanding because of the decoration. It is located right in the historic center of Porto, and it is also a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site.
If you are done with exploring the buildings and parks, then it is some time for visiting the shops and stalls. It is a historical square in Porto that is mainly famous for its beautiful buildings. However, for you, the main attraction can be the stalls and stores. There you can try out some local street food items as well as shop some local traditional things that you cannot do anywhere else in the world.
Luís I Bridge
Bridges always bring some unique type of beauty with them. While there are city sights on one side, the sight of a river or canal going through the city looks stunning as well on the other side. Porto is already an amazing city, and this bridge makes it even more beautiful. Locals consider it as the icon of the city with the sights like those near before.
Porto Cathedral – ending point of Porto scavenger hunt and city tour
Yet another church is located in the historic center of the city. It is a Roman Catholic church that dates back to 1737. The construction was started in 1110 so this church took centuries to complete in the form that we see today. This also makes it one of the oldest and the most important monuments of Porto. The architectural style of this church is not too gothic as it is built in a more squared style which was famous to be futuristic at that time.
You might be also interested in Lisbon
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.