St Gallen scavenger hunt and city tour
St Gallen scavenger hunt and city tour was created to offer you the best way to explore a beautiful and historical city of Switzerland!
The compact metropolis of eastern Switzerland between Lake Constance and Appenzellerland has a charming, traffic-free old town. Colourfully-painted windows are a town feature. The Abbey of St. Gallus precinct with the cathedral and Abbey Library has been accorded UNESCO World Heritage listing.
Our game is a nice way to explore the city walking, playing and learning!
Explore St Gallen, playing our scavenger hunt and city tour!
It is an outdoor activity combining playing, walking and learning!
As a result, we created the best walk of the city, so you can learn everything about it and it’s most important attractions.
You will solve riddles and move from one attraction to the other! Don’t worry, using our in app navigation system, you will never get lost.
For the hard riddles, an automatic help system will help you move on!
Exploring St Gallen playing our scavenger hunt was never more fun!
Take photos, discover hidden gems and narrow streets!
This is the best activity for families, friends, couples, students! Finally, for the escape room lovers also!
Give it a try!
Cost: Each game costs 27 CHF, up to 4-5 players.
Average duration of St Gallen scavenger hunt : 1.5 hours including total walking time of 30 minutes.
Supported languages: English, Deutsch, Spanish, Italian, French
Museum admission fees: Visits to museums and other attractions do not require a ticket, as the puzzles are related to
their outdoor areas. Admission is purely your choice.
What you need to know about St Gallen scavenger hunt ?
- No one will be waiting for you anywhere, it’s just you and your smartphones!
- You can start playing anytime, any day, every day! You can even pause your game and resume later or any other day within a year !
- You can use one language per serial number. If your group is multilingual, you will need to buy more games if you need more languages.
- The city hunt + city tour provides information about the city and its attractions, but the escape games do not offer a city tour.
- The outdoor escape games provide total points and a leaderboard and are a bit more difficult than the city hunt + city tour.
- There is no time limit for the game. You can complete it at any time at your own pace.
- Our game is completely outdoor, so it depends on the weather. The game can continue on the same day or another day if it is interrupted.
- Prefer to start the game in daylight, as the lack of light may make it difficult to solve puzzles. However, the game can still be played at night.
- For groups of more than 5 people, you must purchase 1 game per 5 people. For example, for a group of 25 people, buy 5 games.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. It is a nice and very educational activity for them if an adult helps them solve the puzzles and explains them.
- Puzzles do not require knowledge. Players must use their imagination, logic, combinatorial thinking and cooperation.
- Every attraction hides a puzzle ! The puzzles are independent and not connected to each other through a story. The goal is for players to interact with the attractions and their surrounding areas !
- Our game is completely covid19-free as it is an outdoor game!
St Gallen scavenger hunt begins at St Gallen Bahnhof and ends at Kirche St. Mangen
You will visit:
- Roter Platz
- Old town
- Abbey of Saint Gall
- Kirche St. Laurenzen
- Kirche St. Mangen
- and more
· Roter Platz
The right place to start exploring St. Gallen is Roter Platz. It will ensure that the beginning of your trip is stunning in every possible manner. The reason is that this location is artistically constructed like no other place in the world. While the buildings around will give the traditional architectural vibe, the point itself will
have a very unique vibe.
It is a monument that was constructed in the memory of the water that flew from Lake Constance into the St. Gallen households in 1895 and this has historical importance for the place. Now it contains a very beautiful fountain that works as a famous tourist attraction in the place
· Textile museum
This museum was built in 1886 and it is situated right next to the Textile Library. Both of them are present in the Palazzo Rosso in the old town of St. Gallen. The interesting thing here is that you can explore the artifacts both from the museum and the library at the same time.
· Old town
Exploring the landmarks is not the only thing you must be after. You can go for some strolling in the old town and explore some old traditional and cultural products being sold over there.
· Abbey of Saint Gall
The Catholic Religious complex of St. Gallen has this abbey present in it that has existed from the era of 719. Although it is a pretty historic place, it became an independent principality between the 13th and 9th centuries.
Visiting this place will be an experience like no other because its architectural style is Carolingian which is hardly found anywhere else in the world today.
It is one of the most interesting places that you can visit in St. Gallen. In the 16th century, it used to be the merchant’s house. However, now it has become the place that is open for rent for private events. So, it is pretty much possible that you explore the place from inside and outside as well.
· Kirche St. Laurenzen
A church that was first started in the 12th century and then became the religious, social, and political center of St. Gallen. However, now it is an important historical landmark of the city as well as a famous tourist attraction in St. Gallen.
Exploring the city is not the only thing that you must be doing in St. Gallen. So, if you are up for trying some traditional food then it is one of the best restaurants that you can visit.
· Kirche St. Mangen – ending point of St Gallen scavenger hunt
The location dates back to the 9th century but it has been rebuilt several times since then. The last time it was restored was in 1946 so it is still a historical site that you got to visit in St. Gallen. While the building looks simple from the outside, the internal views are stunning and classical.