Basel scavenger hunt and city tourBasel scavenger hunt and city tour was created to offer you a great way to explore Switzerland’s oldest university city. Historic landmarks of the city include the large market square with its richly decorated red sandstone town hall and the late Romanesque-Gothic cathedral. During a walk through the old town of Basel , past small boutiques, antique book shops but also shops of modern designers, is well worth your while. Basel is tradition-conscious and open-minded at the same time, a fact born out by several modern buildings designed by renowned architects. Basel is home to 40 museums, the city of culture for connoisseurs has the highest concentration of museums in the country. Basel also has a beautiful Old Town, modern architecture, and Rhine river! Basel scavenger hunt is surely a must thing to do!
Explore Basel, playing our scavenger hunt and city tour!
What to expect
- Uncover the highlights with an interactive smartphone app. Solve location-based riddles on this walking tour.
- Visit 10 of the most important attractions in the city as you walk. Stop and find clues at each attraction to reveal your next destination.
- Enjoy the challenge of using logic, imagination, observation, and team spirit to finish the game.
- Feel the thrill of completing each riddle. Start or pause the tour whenever you want. See the city at your own pace.
- Read interesting information and facts. Stop to snap pictures as you go. Reveal an exciting a puzzle at the exterior of each attraction.
- Mobile app and login credentials
- Self guided tour
Important information about Basel scavenger hunt
- Average duration: 2 hours including total walking time 1 hour
- Supported languages: English, German, Spanish, Italian, French
- Museum admission fees: Visits to museums and other attractions do not require a ticket, as the puzzles are related to their outdoor areas. Admission is purely your choice.
Not suitable for…
- Wheelchair users
- People with mobility impairments
- Unaccompanied children
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate and comfortable clothing and shoes
- Charged smartphone
- Internet connection in case of the online-mobile application.
What you need to know about Basel scavenger hunt ?
- No one will be waiting for you anywhere, it’s just you and your smartphones!
- You can start playing anytime, any day, every day! You can even pause your game and resume later or any other day within a year !
- You can use one language per serial number. If your group is multilingual, you will need to buy more games if you need more languages.
- There is no time limit for the game. You can complete it at any time at your own pace.
- Our game is completely outdoor, so it depends on the weather. The game can continue on the same day or another day if it is interrupted.
- Prefer to start the game in daylight, as the lack of light may make it difficult to solve puzzles. However, the game can still be played at night.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. It is a nice and very educational activity for them if an adult helps them solve the puzzles and explains them.
- Puzzles do not require knowledge. Players must use their imagination, logic, combinatorial thinking and cooperation.
- Every attraction hides a puzzle ! The puzzles are independent and not connected to each other through a story. The goal is for players to interact with the attractions and their surrounding areas !
- Our game is completely covid19-free as it is an outdoor game!
Basel scavenger hunt and city tour
Starting location: Strassburger Denkmal
Ending location: Middle Bridge
You will visit:
Museum of Natural History
The places you will visit in Basel.
Basel is the city that is known for its wide range of museums and that one of the museums here is the biggest one in the whole of Switzerland. However, this place not only has museums but other places worth visiting that we are going to elaborate on here.
1.Strassburger Denkmal – starting point of Basel scavenger hunt and city tour
This is a monument dedicated to the war of the late 19th century that was built in the park near the main train station of Basel. However, this is the place where you can start exploring the traditional cuisines of Basel. It is because there are a lot of restaurants available of all local and international categories.
As Basel is the land of museums and art galleries, this is one of the largest art galleries where you can stop by to get sight of some of the stunning artworks. This gallery displays masterpieces from the 17th to 19th centuries.
If gorgeous views are what you are looking for, then this is one of the best places for you to visit. This is a historical church that is located right in the center of the city. While it is amazing from the outside, it is even more astonishing from the inside. The best part is that you can visit the Theater Basel while you are here.
This is the plaza that holds special historical value for the city. It is because it was built during the time of the foundation of the old city in the 12th century. Apart from being exceptionally beautiful, this is the place that looks even more attractive in the evening. Being a part of the old town, one can also explore the cultural products and items in the shops present here.
One thing to keep in mind is to visit this on foot to have the best experience, and when you do not do architectural exploration, you can have some rest. The point of being here is to sit on the banks of Rhine while enjoying the delightful views of the place.
6.Museum of Natural History
When you visit this museum, you will feel like visiting the whole world in a very short time. It is because this place has a lot of artifacts related to different regions and places. Not only this, but there are things related to wildlife and other things.
Built in the 15th century, this place is one of the three doors of the city, and now it has become one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city. There are many hostels nearby and restaurants as well where you can have a feast. However, the maintained beauty of this point makes a great picture background.
While the city hall is exceptionally well built from the outside, the inside and the courtyard here are more attractive. Speaking of the exterior, the tower attracts a lot of people, while the arcades make a perfect romantic activity if you are with your better half.
A medieval church that portrays very attractive architecture. Although being minimalist as compared to some other churches from the exterior, the interior here is amazing. The organ, frescoes, acoustics, and the side chapel, yet everything here is amazing.
10.Middle Bridge – ending point of Basel scavenger hunt and city tour
The oldest bridge present in Basil was built in the early 13th century which was renovated many times and recently in 2002 because it was becoming an amazing tourist attraction. Being 192 meters long, this bridge provides a wonderful sight of the city and water flowing across.
While you are here, you can also experience the sidewalks which connect the old and new sides of the town. While exploring these streets, you can explore a lot of local cultural stuff, including food items from the shops present there.