Rome scavenger hunt and city tour
Rome scavenger hunt was created to offer you the best way to explore this amazing city !
Rome is without doubt one the most beautiful cities in the world;
every year millions of tourists come from around the world to admire
the treasures and masterpieces of Roman art and architecture.
Rome is an enchanting city where you’ll discover a romantic blend of culture and history
spiced up with a vibrant street and nightlife. Add in to the mix delicious gastronomy and excellent Italian wines,
and you have an inspiring and beautiful destination that our game will help you make the most of.
Rome scavenger hunt is the ideal way to explore the eternal city!
Explore Rome, playing our scavenger hunt and city tour!
What to expect
- It is an outdoor activity that combines playing, walking and learning!
- Explore the city in a fun way by solving riddles and puzzles.
- Discover fascinating facts and stories about the city.
- Let the game reveal hidden gems and places.
- Have the best walk of the city and visit 10 of its most important attractions.
Full description of Rome scavenger hunt and self guided tour
- Uncover the highlights with an interactive smartphone app. Solve location-based riddles on this walking tour.
- Visit 10 of the most important attractions in the city as you walk. Stop and find clues at each attraction to reveal your next destination.
- Enjoy the challenge of using logic, imagination, observation, and team spirit to finish the game.
- Feel the thrill of completing each riddle. Start or pause the tour whenever you want. See the city at your own pace.
- Read interesting information and facts. Stop to snap pictures as you go. Reveal an exciting a puzzle at the exterior of each attraction.
- Mobile app and login credentials
- Self guided tour
Important information about Rome scavenger hunt
- Cost: Each game costs 20 EUR (per group) , up to 5 players. For more players you can purchase more games. For example for 25 players, you can purchase 5 games.
- Average duration: 2 hours including total walking time 1 hour
- Supported languages: English, German, Spanish, Italian, French, Dutch
- Museum admission fees: Visits to museums and other attractions do not require a ticket, as the puzzles are related to
their outdoor areas. Admission is purely your choice.
Not suitable for…
- Wheelchair users
- People with mobility impairments
- Unaccompanied children
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate and comfortable clothing and shoes
- Charged smartphone
- Internet connection in case of the online-mobile application.
What you need to know about Rome scavenger hunt ?
- No one will be waiting for you anywhere, it’s just you and your smartphones!
- You can start playing anytime, any day, every day! You can even pause your game and resume later or any other day within a year !
- You can use one language per serial number. If your group is multilingual, you will need to buy more games if you need more languages.
- The city hunt + city tour provides information about the city and its attractions, but the escape games do not offer a city tour.
- The outdoor escape games provide total points and a leaderboard and are a bit more difficult than the city hunt + city tour.
- There is no time limit for the game. You can complete it at any time at your own pace.
- Our game is completely outdoor, so it depends on the weather. The game can continue on the same day or another day if it is interrupted.
- Prefer to start the game in daylight, as the lack of light may make it difficult to solve puzzles. However, the game can still be played at night.
- For groups of more than 5 people, you must purchase 1 game per 5 people. For example, for a group of 25 people, buy 5 games.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. It is a nice and very educational activity for them if an adult helps them solve the puzzles and explains them.
- Puzzles do not require knowledge. Players must use their imagination, logic, combinatorial thinking and cooperation.
- Every attraction hides a puzzle ! The puzzles are independent and not connected to each other through a story. The goal is for players to interact with the attractions and their surrounding areas !
- Our game is completely covid19-free as it is an outdoor game!
Rome scavenger hunt and city tour begins at Piazza Navona. and ends at Santa Maria in Cosmedin
You will visit:
- Piazza Navona
- Piazza della Minerva
- Sant’Andrea della Valle
- Piazza Venezia
- Capitoline Hill
- Arch of Constantine
- San Gregorio al Celio
- Santa Maria in Cosmedin
1. Piazza Navona – starting point of Rome scavenger hunt and city tour
This is an open space for the public present in Rome, Italy. It is built on a site which is known as the Stadium of Domitian. It was first built in the first century, which makes it quite ancient however it is very popular among Rome’s public. In addition, most people say that the people of ancient Rome used to visit this place and watch the agones.
It is the main reason it was called the Circus Agonalis. Nowadays it is very famous for the Baroque architecture, which includes one of the famous fountains of Italy called as fountains of the four rivers. It has a Roman God present in the centre of the fountain and four women beside him to represent the four main rivers of Italy.
It was a Roman Temple; however, it is a Catholic Church nowadays. It is situated on the site of a temple that was commissioned by Marcus Agrippa Within the golden reign of Augustus. Later it was rebuilt On the order of the Hadrian. It is of great importance to the people of Italy and also one of the tourist attractions because of its historical value.
It has a religious background for both Christians and Hindus, which is why it is also one of the best religious spots visited by people of different religions, including Hindus and Christians in a great number.
3. Piazza Della Minerva
It is situated in Rome, Italy, near the location of Pantheon. The name of the place is derived from a famous temple that was built on this site. In addition, the temple was dedicated to the Minerva Calcidica. However, the Statue of Minerva Calcidica is still present in Vatican Museums.
This place is also visited by several people because it is mostly populated. It has a historical value which makes a popular among the people who has a love for discovering the history and architecture of Italy.
4. Sant’Andrea della Valle
It is one of the minor basilicas which is situated in the region of Sant’Eustachio present in the city of Rome, Italy. It is a religious seat that is used for looking into religious matters, especially the religious order of the Theatines. Moreover, it is quite decorated from the inside and gives a magnificent view to the visitors. It is important religiously to the locals as well as the people who visit this place.
5. Piazza Venezia
It is a famous hug in Rome, Italy, situated in the centre of the city. It is also considered as the central hub, which is of great importance. Many lines are intersecting at this location, including the Via Dei Fori Imperiali and the Via del Corso. It got its name from the building, which was built beside a church on the order of Venetian Cardinal.
6. Capitoline Hill
The Seven Hills is one of the famous locations present in Rome, Italy. It is one of the seventh Hill, which is situated between the Forum and the Campus Martius. The Hills have an importance of their own because each of the hell is dedicated to one of the gods. However Capitoline Hill was called Mons Saturnius in the earlier times. It was dedicated to the God Saturn, making it very important for the residents of Rome. Most of the tourists visit these seven has because of their history and popularity within Italy.
7. Arch of Constantine
It is an important triumphal arch present in Rome, Italy, which is dedicated to one of the famous emperors called Emperor Constantine the Great. Moreover, it is considered the largest surviving Roman arch till now, which makes it of great importance because of Roman history and architecture. It has political importance and background making it appealing to the locals as well as the visitors.
It is a large amphitheatre Situated in Rome. It was famous for holding and hosting such events which kept the audience entertained. Moreover, it was the greatest platform for holding events like gladiatorial games. It was built within the time of the Flavian emperors. It was built to present as a gift to the people of Rome, which is cherished by the people even now.
9. San Gregorio al Celio
It is a famous church situated in Rome, Italy. It is of great importance because it is also a part of a monastery of monks. Most of the time, it is used for religious purposes; however, it is open for the public to seek guidance on religious matters.
10. Santa Maria in Cosmedin – ending point of Rome scavenger hunt and city tour
This is also a church located in the city of Rome; however, it is considered a minor basilica church. The exact location of the church is at the rione of Ripa. It is one of the Catholic Church which is built on the architecture style of Romanesque architecture.