No products in the cart.
Thessaloniki outdoor escape game
Thessaloniki escape game! Let’s go outdoors! What about playing an outdoor escape game in Thessaloniki ? You will have the chance to wander around the streets solving riddles! You will explore this amazing mega city in an interactive and unique way! Everything in your mobile phone, in your language and in a very cheap price! What a great chance to take some beautiful photos too!
Can you solve the riddles and escape from Thessaloniki ? Thessaloniki escape game
The mobile app provides :
Navigation and automatic help system with 3 levels of hints.
Total points and leaderboard.
Time is with you and not against you. Solve the riddles at your own pace.
You can pause your game any time and continue later or another day.
Each month, the no1 team of the leaderboard will win a free game for any city we provide.
Average duration:2 hours including total walking time of 60 minutes
Supported languages: English, Deutsch, Greek, Italian, French, Turkish, Russian
Level of difficulty : Always hard 🙂 , but hints will always be there and the code of the riddle in order to be able to continue playing.
What you need to know about Thessaloniki escape game ?
- No one will be waiting for you anywhere, it’s just you and your smartphones!
- You can start playing anytime, any day, every day! You can even pause your game and resume later or any other day within a year !
- You can use one language per serial number. If your group is multilingual, you will need to buy more games if you need more languages.
- The outdoor escape games provide total points and a leaderboard and are a bit more difficult than the city hunt + city tour.
- There is no time limit for the game. You can complete it at any time at your own pace.
- Our game is completely outdoor, so it depends on the weather. The game can continue on the same day or another day if it is interrupted.
- Prefer to start the game in daylight, as the lack of light may make it difficult to solve puzzles. However, the game can still be played at night.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. It is a nice and very educational activity for them if an adult helps them solve the puzzles and explains them.
- Puzzles do not require knowledge. Players must use their imagination, logic, combinatorial thinking and cooperation.
- Every attraction hides a puzzle ! The puzzles are independent and not connected to each other through a story. The goal is for players to interact with the attractions and their surrounding areas !
- Our game is completely covid19-free as it is an outdoor game!
Thessaloniki escape game begins at Arch of Galerius and ends at The Umbrellas
Starting location:Arch of Galerius
Ending location:The Umbrellas
You will visit:
- Roman Agora of Thessaloniki
- Statue of Eleftherios Venizelos
- Aristotelous Square
- Cathedral Church of Agia Sophia
- Thessaloniki History Center
- White Tower of Thessaloniki
- Alexander the Great Statue
- The Umbrellas and more.
Arch of Galerius – starting point of Thessaloniki escape game
When you will head towards the modern center of the city, here you can spot the ancient Rotunda. This massive round building was first, a Roman temple. However, then it turned into a church and became a mosque later. However, after serving three different regions, Rotunda now has turned into a museum.
The walls of Rotunda are about 6 meters thick due to which it has withstood the earthquakes of Thessaloniki.
Due to its massive history and beautiful architecture, Rotunda is one of the oldest and top things to do in Thessaloniki.
Roman Agora of Thessaloniki
The Roman Agora of Thessaloniki’s excavations is one of the best things you must do in Thessaloniki. This is an ancient Roman market that’s located closer to Aristotelous Square. The destination is housing two Roman baths and the theater’s remains.
The most interesting this about this place is that it is continuous underground and can let you know more about Roman Forum in the museum it boasts.
For anyone who has an interest in archaeology even a little bit, visiting this museum is a must.
Visitors can visit its own museum from Monday to Saturday.
Statue of Eleftherios Venizelos
Head towards the Aristotelous Plaza’s north, here you can find the statue of Eleftherios Venizelos, right before the Agora.
Eleftherios Venizelos was one of the most influential modern Greek history personalities. Even more, Eleftherios Venizelos was one of the most popular politicians, social reformers, and statesmen. Even more, he was the man whose actions shaped the history of modern Greece.
However, now his monument is standing in the most popular location, in the center of the city.
This is a good place to start a walking tour in Thessaloniki. However, this is a waterfront of the city at Nikis Avenue. The French architect conceived this splendid plaza. In 1918. However, plenty of its part was rebuilt in the fifties especially, the movie theater and the Electra hotel.
A majority of public celebrations, political and cultural events also usually held at Aristotelous Square. It is because it’s the biggest square in the city.
People love to shop, eat and walk around the markets and shops near Aristotelous Square. Overall, it was a major shift in the city’s archaeological evolution.
Cathedral Church of Agia Sophia
This holy wisdom’s church is one of the oldest and continually standing buildings of the city. The building was constructed in the 8th century in the church’s footprints. The church itself was constructed in the 3rd century with the base design of the illustrious namesake of it in Constantinople.
At present, it has become one of the best remaining Greek domed churches examples of the time.
Thessaloniki History Center
Thessaloniki History Center got established in 1983, by the city’s Municipal Council. They built the center to collect, record, rescue, and preserve written, visual, audio, and printed material of the city’s history.
Various exhibitions also held here illustrating the city’s historical continuity. Overall, it is an interesting place to visit who wants to explore more about the city’s history.
White Tower of Thessaloniki
The white tower is a waterfront tower, that’s the symbol of the city. Just like the city itself, the history of this white tower is also pretty storied. Originally, the tower formed the Byzantine and Ottoman defenses of the city. Before most of the city’s walls were demolished in the late 19th century.
However, it also served as a jail during the Ottomans rule. Due to which it was previously called the tower of blood.
While at present the tower has become an extensive museum showing details about the different aspects of Thessaloniki.
Alexander the Great Statue
At Nea Parelia, just next to the fountain you can find Alexander the Great Statue. The statue has a height of six meters and also contains Bucephalus. Bucephalus is one of the most distinguished horses’ antiquities. This is another spectacular thing to do in the city.
The Umbrellas – ending point of Thessaloniki escape game
Overall, The Umbrellas is an amazing yet impressive artwork by the popular Giorgios Zoggolopoulos. Today, it has become one of the top attractions to catch the attention of the majority of visitors here. These are located along Nea Paralia centrally. However, the large size and commanding presence of Umbrellas can make you wow.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.