Cambridge scavenger hunt and city tour
Welcome to Cambridge, a city that effortlessly combines history, academia, and a distinctive charm. Situated along the River Cam in the heart of the United Kingdom, Cambridge is renowned for its prestigious University, which has played a pivotal role in shaping intellectual pursuits for centuries. The cobbled streets, historic colleges, and timeless architecture create an atmosphere steeped in scholarly tradition.
Cambridge scavenger hunt and city tour was created to offer you the best way to explore this beautiful city!
Explore Cambridge, playing our scavenger hunt and city tour!
- Uncover the highlights with an interactive smartphone app. Solve location-based riddles on this walking tour.
- Visit 10 of the most important attractions in the city as you walk. Stop and find clues at each attraction to reveal your next destination.
- Enjoy the challenge of using logic, imagination, observation, and team spirit to finish the game.
- Feel the thrill of completing each riddle. Start or pause the tour whenever you want. See the city at your own pace.
- Read interesting information and facts. Stop to snap pictures as you go. Reveal an exciting puzzle at the exterior of each attraction.
- Mobile app and login credentials
- Self guided tour
Important information about Cambridge scavenger hunt
- Average duration: 2 hours including total walking time 43 minutes.
- Supported languages: English, German, Spanish, Italian, French, and Dutch.
- Museum admission fees: Visits to museums and other attractions do not require a ticket, as the puzzles are related to
their outdoor areas. Admission is purely your choice.
Not suitable for…
- Wheelchair users.
- People with mobility impairments.
- Unaccompanied children.
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate and comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Charged smartphone.
- Internet connection.
What you need to know about Cambridge scavenger hunt ?
- No one will be waiting for you anywhere, it’s just you and your smartphones!
- You can start playing anytime, any day, every day! You can even pause your game and resume later or any other day within a year !
- You can use one language per serial number. If your group is multilingual, you will need to buy more games if you need more languages.
- There is no time limit for the game. You can complete it at any time at your own pace.
- Our game is completely outdoor, so it depends on the weather. The game can continue on the same day or another day if it is interrupted.
- Prefer to start the game in daylight, as the lack of light may make it difficult to solve puzzles. However, the game can still be played at night.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. It is a nice and very educational activity for them if an adult helps them solve the puzzles and explains them.
- Puzzles do not require knowledge. Players must use their imagination, logic, combinatorial thinking and cooperation.
- Every attraction hides a puzzle ! The puzzles are independent and not connected to each other through a story. The goal is for players to interact with the attractions and their surrounding areas !
- Our game is completely covid19-free as it is an outdoor game!
Cambridge scavenger hunt and city tour
Starting location: Parker’s Piece
Ending location: St. John’s College
You will visit:
Scott Polar Research Institute
The Fitzwilliam Museum
University Museum Of Zoology
The Corpus Clock
Great St Mary’s
St. John’s College and more
If you are interested in other cities, you can find all of our games here
Embark on an enchanting journey through the historic and intellectually rich city of Cambridge with our curated Cambridge Scavenger Hunt. As you navigate the cobbled streets and iconic landmarks, you’ll uncover the city’s fascinating history, academic brilliance, and architectural marvels. Join us for an unforgettable day filled with exploration, knowledge, and the thrill of discovery. Our adventure begins at the expansive Parker’s Piece and takes you through a carefully crafted route, ensuring an exciting day of exploration.
1. Parker’s Piece:
Begin your Cambridge scavenger hunt at the heart of the city – Parker’s Piece. This sprawling public park, with its lush greenery and open spaces, has played witness to historical events, including the first game of association football. Take a leisurely stroll, engage in a friendly game, or simply soak in the vibrant atmosphere of this central gathering place. Parker’s Piece sets the perfect tone for a day filled with adventure and relaxation.
2. Scott Polar Research Institute:
Delve into the realms of exploration and scientific discovery at the Scott Polar Research Institute. Home to a wealth of information about the polar regions, this institute houses an extensive collection of artifacts, maps, and documents. Immerse yourself in the history of polar exploration and gain insights into the challenges faced by early adventurers. The Scott Polar Research Institute is a testament to Cambridge’s commitment to pushing the boundaries of human knowledge.
3. The Fitzwilliam Museum:
Uncover the artistic treasures housed within The Fitzwilliam Museum, a cultural gem in the heart of Cambridge. This world-class institution boasts a diverse collection spanning centuries and continents. From ancient artifacts to European masterpieces, each exhibit tells a unique story. Immerse yourself in the world of art and culture as you wander through the galleries of this prestigious museum.
4. Mathematical Bridge:
Cross the iconic Mathematical Bridge, a symbol of Cambridge’s rich history and mathematical prowess. Learn about the fascinating design and construction principles behind this wooden footbridge that spans the River Cam. Take a moment to appreciate the intricate geometry and enjoy panoramic views of the river and surrounding landmarks.
5. University Museum of Zoology:
For a journey into the natural world, head to the University Museum of Zoology. This museum showcases a remarkable collection of specimens representing the diversity of life on Earth. Engage with interactive exhibits, marvel at the exhibits of extinct species, and gain a deeper understanding of the intricate web of life that surrounds us. The University Museum of Zoology is a must-visit for nature enthusiasts and curious minds alike.
6. The Corpus Clock:
Experience time like never before at The Corpus Clock, a unique and innovative timepiece located at Corpus Christi College. Crafted by inventor John C. Taylor, this clock combines art and science to create a mesmerizing display. Marvel at the intricate details and contemplate the philosophical implications of this modern marvel as you explore the heart of Cambridge.
7. King’s College:
Explore the majestic King’s College, an architectural masterpiece that stands as a testament to Cambridge’s rich history. Admire the stunning Gothic architecture, stroll through the immaculate gardens, and absorb the serene atmosphere of this prestigious institution. King’s College is not only a center of academic excellence but also a visual feast for architecture enthusiasts.
8. Great St Mary’s:
Ascend the tower of Great St Mary’s Church for a bird’s-eye view of Cambridge’s skyline. This historic church, located at the center of the city, offers panoramic vistas of the surrounding landmarks. Capture breathtaking photographs and take a moment to appreciate the architectural beauty that graces the Cambridge skyline.
9. Trinity College:
Immerse yourself in the academic ambiance of Trinity College, one of Cambridge’s most renowned colleges. Wander through the courtyards, admire the architecture, and discover the rich history that surrounds you. Trinity College has been a hub of intellectual activity for centuries, and exploring its grounds provides a glimpse into Cambridge’s scholarly legacy.
10. St. John’s College:
Conclude your Cambridge scavenger hunt at St. John’s College, known for its picturesque gardens and iconic architecture. Explore the tranquil surroundings, take a leisurely stroll along the riverbanks, and reflect on the day’s discoveries. St. John’s College encapsulates the serene beauty and intellectual vibrancy that define Cambridge.