Dubrovnik scavenger hunt and city tour
Dubrovnik scavenger hunt was created to offer you the best way to explore this amazing city !
Regardless of whether you are visiting Dubrovnik for the first time or the hundredth,
the sense of awe never fails to descend when you set eyes on the beauty of the old town.
Indeed it’s hard to imagine anyone becoming jaded by the city’s limestone streets,
baroque buildings and the endless shimmer of the Adriatic, or failing to be inspired by a
walk along the ancient city walls that protected the capital of a sophisticated republic for centuries.
Dubrovnik scavenger hunt is the ideal way to explore the old town of Dubrovnik!
Explore Dubrovnik, playing our scavenger hunt and city tour!
What to expect
- It is an outdoor activity that combines playing, walking and learning!
- Explore the city in a fun way by solving riddles and puzzles.
- Discover fascinating facts and stories about the city.
- Let the game reveal hidden gems and places.
- Have the best walk of the city and visit 10 of its most important attractions.
Full description of Dubrovnik scavenger hunt and self guided tour
- Uncover the highlights with an interactive smartphone app. Solve location-based riddles on this walking tour.
- Visit 10 of the most important attractions in the city as you walk. Stop and find clues at each attraction to reveal your next destination.
- Enjoy the challenge of using logic, imagination, observation, and team spirit to finish the game.
- Feel the thrill of completing each riddle. Start or pause the tour whenever you want. See the city at your own pace.
- Read interesting information and facts. Stop to snap pictures as you go. Reveal an exciting a puzzle at the exterior of each attraction.
- Mobile app and login credentials
- Self guided tour
Important information about Dubrovnik scavenger hunt
- Cost: Each game costs 20 EUR (per group) , up to 5 players. For more players you can purchase more games. For example for 25 players, you can purchase 5 games.
- Average duration: 2 hours including total walking time 1 hour
- Supported languages: English, German, Spanish, Italian, French
- Museum admission fees: Visits to museums and other attractions do not require a ticket, as the puzzles are related to
their outdoor areas. Admission is purely your choice.
Not suitable for…
- Wheelchair users
- People with mobility impairments
- Unaccompanied children
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate and comfortable clothing and shoes
- Charged smartphone
- Internet connection in case of the online-mobile application.
What you need to know about Dubrovnik scavenger hunt ?
- No one will be waiting for you anywhere, it’s just you and your smartphones!
- You can start playing anytime, any day, every day! You can even pause your game and resume later or any other day within a year !
- You can use one language per serial number. If your group is multilingual, you will need to buy more games if you need more languages.
- The city hunt + city tour provides information about the city and its attractions, but the escape games do not offer a city tour.
- The outdoor escape games provide total points and a leaderboard and are a bit more difficult than the city hunt + city tour.
- There is no time limit for the game. You can complete it at any time at your own pace.
- Our game is completely outdoor, so it depends on the weather. The game can continue on the same day or another day if it is interrupted.
- Prefer to start the game in daylight, as the lack of light may make it difficult to solve puzzles. However, the game can still be played at night.
- For groups of more than 5 people, you must purchase 1 game per 5 people. For example, for a group of 25 people, buy 5 games.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. It is a nice and very educational activity for them if an adult helps them solve the puzzles and explains them.
- Puzzles do not require knowledge. Players must use their imagination, logic, combinatorial thinking and cooperation.
- Every attraction hides a puzzle ! The puzzles are independent and not connected to each other through a story. The goal is for players to interact with the attractions and their surrounding areas !
- Our game is completely covid19-free as it is an outdoor game!
Dubrovnik scavenger hunt and city tour
Starting location:Pile Gate
Ending location:Fort Bokar
You will visit:
- Pile Gate
- Large Onofrio’s fountain
- Clock tower
- St Blaise
- Rector’s palace
- Dubrovnik cathedral
- St Ignatius
- House of Marin Drzica
- Fort Bokar
1. Pile Gate – starting point of Dubrovnik scavenger hunt and city tour
The best way to start visiting some places is from the very beginning of Dubrovnik. Not only is the Pile Gate the first place that you want to visit in Dubrovnik. It is also a historical place taking you back to the 16th century days.
An amazing and attractive thing about this place is that the drawbridge was lifted and closed every evening and the key was handed to the rector. Well, this place is not all about the exterior as you can pass the gate and experience some amazing views.
2. Large Onofrio’s fountain
Although this place has only become a unique tourist attraction. Things used to be very different in the older times when it used to be a system of bringing water from about 12 Km away from spring. The architectural style takes you back to the 15th century.
However, a very interesting thing about its design is the masks that are dribbling drinkable water into the drainage pool. Whether you stop here or not you will never want to miss visiting the nearby stalls and vendors.
3. Clock tower
Not only is this place historical but it is also elegant in its looks. Taking you back to the 15th century days this is one of the oldest and highest landmarks in the old town. You will be able to listen to the tune of the bells of the tower if you visit the place at noon. At the same time, the sunlight will make the tower look even more elegant.
4. St Blaise
This church shows the architectural style of the early 18th century not only from the exterior but from the interior as well. While you are here one of the most amazing picture backgrounds will be the central monument with what looks like a statue of a guard holding a gun. However, the meteor shows the baroque-style decorations.
5. Rector’s palace
The Rector’s Palace is the place in the city of Dubrovnik that was the place where there was the seat of Rector from the 14th century to the 19th century. After that time, it has been the place for a lot of political and historical places. As the building dates back to the 14th century days, its interior and exterior are stunning to see.
With the original intentions to stop the high intensity of waves, this place has now turned into a popular tourist spot. If you visit this place in the summertime you will see a lot of people coming here for relaxing, sunbathing, and even swimming. The best part is that the local stalls here can be the perfect choice to get something to eat.
7. Dubrovnik cathedral
This is the Roman Catholic cathedral in Dubrovnik that is present on a site that has been used as cathedrals since the 7th century. However, the buildings got destroyed a lot of times and they were renewed a lot of times as well. So, it got most of the repairing work in the late 20th century. Well, the attraction here is not only the rich historical architecture.
This place also has a huge collection of the history of this place that you can see. Some of the items even date back to the 11th century.
8. St Ignatius
This is another church that you can visit in Dubrovnik. The church looks remarkably beautiful from the outside in that it was the location for the performance of Shakespeare’s play Romeo and Juliet. Well, this building adds to the list of those stunning historical buildings that are must be seen if you are in Dubrovnik.
9. House of Marin Drzica
One of the greatest playwrighters and comedians of the history of Croatia was Marin Drmic and this is the house where he used to live and got a lot of success in his life. The building dates back to the 16th century. So, its historical importance makes it one of the most popular tourist attractions. Now, this is the museum where you can see things that you have never seen before.
10. Fort Bokar – ending point of Dubrovnik scavenger hunt and city tour
This is a fort that is located right on the top of a cliff. This was for the protection of the town in the 15th century days. However, now it is known as one of the oldest forts in Europe which are casemented. Here you can come for some stunning views of the sea, traditional food and sometimes for seeing the summer festival performances.