Rhodes treasure hunt and city tour
Rhodes treasure hunt was created to offer you the best way to explore this amazing city !
The old city of Rhodes is the largest medieval city in the whole European continent.
It is considered as one of the most important monuments of cultural heritage on an international level and therefore was declared a World Heritage City by UNESCO in 1988.
The narrow streets, the classical architecture, the medieval churches and the bridges shape the unique atmosphere of the old city that is reminiscent of a different era that you’ll love at first sight.
Rhodes treasure hunt is the best way to explore it.
You will have the chance to wander around the narrow streets, the multicultural landmarks and witness Rhodes’ medieval glory.
Explore the old town of Rhodes playing our treasure hunt and city tour!
What to expect
- It is an outdoor activity that combines playing, walking and learning!
- Explore the city in a fun way by solving riddles and puzzles.
- Discover fascinating facts and stories about the city.
- Let the game reveal hidden gems and places.
- Have the best walk of the city and visit 10 of its most important attractions.
Full description of Rhodes treasure hunt and self guided tour
- Uncover the highlights with an interactive smartphone app. Solve location-based riddles on this walking tour.
- Visit 10 of the most important attractions in the city as you walk. Stop and find clues at each attraction to reveal your next destination.
- Enjoy the challenge of using logic, imagination, observation, and team spirit to finish the game.
- Feel the thrill of completing each riddle. Start or pause the tour whenever you want. See the city at your own pace.
- Read interesting information and facts. Stop to snap pictures as you go. Reveal an exciting a puzzle at the exterior of each attraction.
- Mobile app and login credentials
- Self guided tour
- Cost: Each game costs 20 euros (per group) , up to 5 players. For more players you can purchase more games. For example for 25 players, you can purchase 5 games.
- Average duration: 2 hours including total walking time 1 hour
- Supported languages: English, German, Greek, Italian, French, Dutch
- Museum admission fees: Visits to museums and other attractions do not require a ticket, as the puzzles are related to
their outdoor areas. Admission is purely your choice.
Not suitable for…
- Wheelchair users
- People with mobility impairments
- Unaccompanied children
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate and comfortable clothing and shoes
- Charged smartphone
- Internet connection in case of the online-mobile application.
What you need to know about Rhodes treasure hunt ?
- No one will be waiting for you anywhere, it’s just you and your smartphones!
- You can start playing anytime, any day, every day! You can even pause your game and resume later or any other day within a year !
- You can use one language per serial number. If your group is multilingual, you will need to buy more games if you need more languages.
- The city hunt + city tour provides information about the city and its attractions, but the escape games do not offer a city tour.
- The outdoor escape games provide total points and a leaderboard and are a bit more difficult than the city hunt + city tour.
- There is no time limit for the game. You can complete it at any time at your own pace.
- Our game is completely outdoor, so it depends on the weather. The game can continue on the same day or another day if it is interrupted.
- Prefer to start the game in daylight, as the lack of light may make it difficult to solve puzzles. However, the game can still be played at night.
- For groups of more than 5 people, you must purchase 1 game per 5 people. For example, for a group of 25 people, buy 5 games.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. It is a nice and very educational activity for them if an adult helps them solve the puzzles and explains them.
- Puzzles do not require knowledge. Players must use their imagination, logic, combinatorial thinking and cooperation.
- Every attraction hides a puzzle ! The puzzles are independent and not connected to each other through a story. The goal is for players to interact with the attractions and their surrounding areas !
- Our game is completely covid19-free as it is an outdoor game!
Rhodes treasure hunt and city tour
Starting location:D’ Amboise Gate
Ending location: Marine gate
You will visit:
- D’Amboise Gate
- Palace of Grand Master
- Ippoton Street
- Arhaelogical museum
- Ibrahim Pasa Mosque
- Jewish Martyrs Square
- Hippocrates Square
- Marine gate and more
D’Amboise Gate – starting point of Rhodes treasure hund and city tour
It is one of the most remarkable landmarks of the city. This gate is present in the North West of Rhodes. It is an amazing place to start your exploration trip. While this gate has some historic values related to the military. Now it is a great piece of historical architecture. It is one of the two earliest gates of the city. It dates back to the early years of the 16th century.
Palace of Grand Master
Another historical site to visit in Rhodes that is like no other place in the world. It shows the architectural values of the early 14th century. Palace of Grand Master is the castle of the master of the Knights of Rhodes. It is present on the island of Rhodes. While it is only a place to visit for tourists now. In the older times it was used as the palace and a fortress for the Grand Master. It served as a headquarters as well.
The Ippoton Street is one of the oldest streets in Europe that is still in such great shape. The reason is that it is still secure as a medieval street. While the street has a pretty gothic architecture all around, it can take you from the Palace of the Grand Master to the Port meaning that there is a lot of exploration and seeing waiting for you while you walk on this street
Every site that you visit in Rhodes has some interesting story attached to it. The thing about this site is that it was a hospital in the 15th century. It was the hospital for the Knights of Saint John. Well, now it has become a museum and also has some artifacts that are not present anywhere else in the whole world.
Ibrahim Pasa Mosque
Exploring Rhodes is still not over as it is the city that has a lot more to offer. Apart from the historical site with importance to the people of the older times, this site is still very important in Rhodes especially for the Muslims. It dates back to the 16th century, and it is still used as a functional mosque in the city of Rhodes. The mosque has a historical architectural beauty of its own.
Jewish Martyrs Square
Whether you call it the Jewish Martyrs Square or the Sea Horst Square it is the place that pays tribute to the Jews of Rhodes. There were 1604 of them out of which only 151 survived and this is a monument made in their remembrance. The number of Jews has significantly decreased as there are only 35 Jews currently resident in Rhodes.
Do not get confused by the name of this place as it can be the stop that you love the most in Old city. It is an important part of the city especially in the evening hours as there are a lot of people coming here at night. The highlight of this place is not only the cafes and bars present here.
The stunning sight that covers the historic clock tower, as well as the illuminated buildings climbing a light hill, make the view even more amazing. There is also a Court House of Knights located here that was built in the early 16th century.
Marine gate – ending point of Rhodes treasure hunt and city tour
It is another important gate of Old town. This gate was the main entrance to the harbor to Rhodes. It was dates back to the ending quarter of the 15th century. Now it is the place that shows the architectural beauty of Rhodes. There are some shops and stalls that you can explore here as well. This gate is not the end of your exploration. The reason is that there are a lot of other places that you can explore in Rhodes as well.